News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Real bummer FrB, but how come your wheels got all the grief? Toyotas aren't all that tough.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on August 31, 2017, 07:23:52 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on August 31, 2017, 06:38:21 PM

So if the "Fern Theft" didn't make me grumpy enough, yesterday on my way home from work I got in a car accident.

Fuck. :'(

"Fuck."  >:(
This sucks, Father Bruno!
Double whammy in one day.   :sadshake:
:therethere:

You know what else sucks? It's 11:25 AM in LA and it's  94 °F,
34 °C.

QuoteExcessive Heat Warning
the Los Angeles area
1 hour ago – National Weather Service
Locations a few miles inland from the coast in Los Angeles County will likely have high temperatures between 95 and 105 degrees, with the warmest day being Friday ...

I blame Orange 45 for all this horrible weather in the USA.

It's not Trump's fault, it's the Lesbian Mayor of Houston's (According to Christians, Anne Coulter and Rush Limbaugh) ::)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Gloucester on August 31, 2017, 07:52:41 PM
Real bummer FrB, but how come your wheels got all the grief? Toyotas aren't all that tough.

I think part of it was due possibly to the angles of our vehicles. When I stopped behind the car in front of me I was pulled toward the right some just in case my car went into a slide, and the car behind me who rear-ended me was pulling left toward the inner median. Plus the car in front of me was at a dead stop, so my car was caught like in a vice.

I'm actually lucky and received I wasn't injured as he hit me pretty hard and traffic in the lane next to us was moving pretty fast, probably 60-70mph, so if I had gotten pushed into the middle lane I could have gotten hit even harder.

So I'm not that grumpy about the accident as you may think, after all cars can be replaced, butt the theft of my ferns really burns a hole in my yawl damnit!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

That sucks, Father Bruno, but good to hear you didn't suffer any injuries.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Just before I left for America my wife took a phone call from my youngest daughter and after a few words including 'died' she burst into floods of tears. It turned out that one of my daughters best friend had just died. She was 38 weeks pregnant. The baby was born by section but died 8 hours later. They were both buried a couple of days ago.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

^^
This is so sad. I felt sad as I was reading it, and then it got sadder.  :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on August 31, 2017, 11:09:17 PM
^^
This is so sad. I felt sad as I was reading it, and then it got sadder.  :(

Agreed. :(  That's terrible.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Man that's terrible news Bruno and Tank :(
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Firebird

Quote from: Tank on August 31, 2017, 10:08:44 PM
Just before I left for America my wife took a phone call from my youngest daughter and after a few words including 'died' she burst into floods of tears. It turned out that one of my daughters best friend had just died. She was 38 weeks pregnant. The baby was born by section but died 8 hours later. They were both buried a couple of days ago.

OH man, I'm so sorry. That's awful.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Dragonia

Oh Tank, that's so sad! What pain must be in her circle of people, and I'm so sorry.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Tank

It was awful. Makes you think about how transient life is. It was to have been the couples first child too. The husband is pretty zombiefied as you can imagine. So sad.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dragonia

He might be feeling like the walking dead for a long time. I hope he has good support around him.

You know, I talk to my kids about the fact that death is part of life and that it happens to everyone, and it's not supposed to be a scary thing, only maybe sad. I'm trying to get them philosophical about super sad things so hopefully they can process their grief in a healthy way.
I feel like it's an important life skill that the majority of people are lacking, especially in our society where death is sterilized to a large extent......
Ugh, potential tangent stopping now.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Icarus

^ Dragonia, that is a commendably intelligent manner of thinking about and ultimately dealing with the inevitable.  Salud.

Dave

I gad fried tomatoes, finely chopped olives and onion, basil and garlic on toast for a light lunch.

Too much garlic, three hours later everything seems to taste of it, even my mint infusion drink.

Still supposed to be good for one - just maybe not for anyone I talk to!

Makes me burp as well.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

Gloucester:
Too much garlic

Well, at least we know your not a vampire.