News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

A guy driving behind me had road rage so he thought it was a good idea to go around me and slam on his breaks.

Why he did this you might ask? I was trying to let out a person from a parking lot :o
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

Sad to say that ordinary courtesies, such as yours, are not always rewarded with respect or consideration.  Sorry that happened to you Arturo.  Keep the faith, there are more decent people out there than there are jack asses. 

Arturo

I'm alright. This is the reasons to be grumpy thread. Not the reason I'm grumpy thread.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

hermes2015

Quote from: Arturo on August 12, 2017, 09:33:31 PM
A guy driving behind me had road rage so he thought it was a good idea to go around me and slam on his breaks.

Why he did this you might ask? I was trying to let out a person from a parking lot :o

Another example of the old saying No good deed goes unpunished.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Arturo

He was a dumb fucking bitch, and I let him know that too.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Asmodean

Because you don't let motherfuckers out when you have the right of way.  >:(

Actually, I tend to do that myself. The only people who feel my wrath on the road, are those neglecting to properly use their indicators and other light fixtures, those who disrespect the right of way or those trying to bully their way ahead.

Cyclists. Not exclusively, but the above does not fail to conjure up an image in my mind of one of those condom-clad menaces who, apparently, have "the same right to use the road as I do." Fuck them. Well... The good ones can live. There are a handful of those. The rest... I ought to be allowed a massive fender with a meter long steel spikes and... [/Insert epic rant one]

...So yeah. Those with cars who do that, they almost always tend to care more about their fenders than I do mine in the end.

Also, it must be said that the satisfaction of pressing out onto the grass someone who wants to merge onto my lane without indicating their intention to do so (And obviously, where the right of way is with me) is... Palpable. Especially if they are one of those self-righteous eco-car fucks. And we are talking Tesla here, and pretty much only that. Well, also Nissan Leaf, but to a lesser extent. The rest of them are OK - they just want to not pay road tolls and whatnot. [/insert epic rant two]
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Arturo

I saw a cyclist taking up the inside lane on the other side of the road from me. Holding up traffic because the outside lane was short and not available to get around the cyclist yet. So I thought I'd tell this person "get off the road!"
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Asmodean

You know when they say there ought to be a law, that there usually ought not? Well, I think mowing down cyclists in such situations ought to be an exception. In fact, the car drivers ought to be legally required to.  >:(

I'm SO resisting an epic fucking rant about cyclists, respect and money. Also, a little about nasty do-gooder communists and shitty-ass love-everybody laws that they make.  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

No way in hell that I will be riding my bike in Norway. The wrath of the Asmo is too powerful to ignore.

I do ride my bike nearly every day, but never ever in the roadway. American drivers are even more demanding about their road right of way than the Viking ones.

Asmodean

As in, they force their right of way even when they have none?

Actually, we have plenty of those assholes here as well. Those win over the cyclists simply because might (in this case, mass and horsepower) makes right. In a bus or an LGV, they trump passenger cars too, even if unrightfully so.

Personally, I will sit happily stuck behind a cyclist who respects the traffic laws. Stop on red light, indicate your intentions, use some LEDs and maybe even a high visibility jacket so I can see you in the dark and fucking yield when the right of way is not yours to have, especially to pedestrians on a zebra crossing, and a problem with The Gray Wrath, you will not have, no matter how slowly you pedal.

Basically, according to the rule book, when you are on the bicycle, you act as a vehicle. Thus, does it not stand to reason that all the laws that apply to cars, LGVs and motorcycles, be they written or otherwise, also apply to you?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Arturo on August 17, 2017, 10:45:18 PM
I had a shitty workout. >:(

Mine have been pretty good.  I'm at the gym every morning about 5:30, and I do strength for about 30 minute before getting ready for work.  I do cardio in the evening after work.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 18, 2017, 02:39:34 AM
...morning about 5:30...

:twitch: What on Earth would possess you to wake up at such an ungodly hour?

:secrets1: Have you paid a visit to the exorcist to excise that demon yet?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 18, 2017, 02:48:15 AM

Oh, I don't wake up at 5:30.  I wake up at 5:00.  You are correct - 5:30 would be an ungodly hour - one would have already wasted 30 minutes.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 18, 2017, 02:51:36 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 18, 2017, 02:48:15 AM

Oh, I don't wake up at 5:30.  I wake up at 5:00.  You are correct - 5:30 would be an ungodly hour - one would have already wasted 30 minutes.

:folded: Double that number and that's the time I'm waking up on weekends. Whoever invented the 'snooze' function is a genius. 

I regret nothing! :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey