News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

It's a weird feeling watching people fight over your ass
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Arturo on August 09, 2017, 03:42:06 PM
It's a weird feeling watching people fight over your ass

Must be some ass!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 09, 2017, 02:43:03 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 08, 2017, 10:54:33 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 08, 2017, 06:42:02 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 08, 2017, 05:40:58 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on August 05, 2017, 02:04:02 PM
I am writing this at someone else's house, since my own WiFi died two days ago. It is so frustrating, because I log on to HAF every morning to see what's new, almost like smokers do when they have their first cigarette. Now I just stare at an empty Firefox page. Remote diagnostics did not help, so they promised to send someone on Monday morning.
Monday is almost over and you're not here.  :sad sigh:
Dear Diary,
It's Tuesday and it looks as if hermes2015 still doesn't have WiFi. :sad sigh:

I hope he has survived the "draught" thus far. :notsure:

It gives me a warm glow to see that some of you are concerned about my connectivity. No, things are still very bad -  it seems that there has been some damage to our cable, so it may take a day or two longer to get back to normal. Until then, we live in hope.
Awwwww.....how sweet, a "warm glow."  :tellmemore:
Please keep us posted.  :hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on August 09, 2017, 07:22:28 PM
Awwwww.....how sweet, a "warm glow."  :tellmemore:
Please keep us posted.  :hug:

Rejoice! After much troubleshooting and gnashing of teeth, the fibre optic cable turned out to be undamaged. However, the naughty laser in the box in my apartment was found to be misbehaving (probably my influence) and after they replaced it, everything was back to normal. One good thing is that the new laser has a range of 20 km instead of the old one's 3 km range. That means it is much higher powered and gives a better S/N ratio.

As I said earlier, I really appreciate your concern. Loss of wifi is almost as stressful as a death in the family.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 09, 2017, 07:39:05 PM
As I said earlier, I really appreciate your concern. Loss of wifi is almost as stressful as a death in the family.
I can only imagine!  :worried:

;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on August 09, 2017, 03:07:17 PM
Hm!  >:( Rain on The Asmo's parade of harmless vicious mockery of another's ass-related issues, why doncha!  >:(
:lol:

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on August 09, 2017, 07:42:15 PM

;D

I guess it qualifies as a first world problem and I should not have whined so much .
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

hermes2015:
Loss of wifi is almost as stressful as a death in the family.

Depending on the family, and the member, more tears may be shed over the loss of the wifi.

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on August 09, 2017, 07:47:31 PM
Hm!  >:( Rain on The Asmo's parade of harmless vicious mockery of another's ass-related issues, why doncha!  >:(

I was going to respond to the other part he did when I came up with something good. So here it is...

Well, He hereby PROCLAIMS it to be a hemorrhoid. How's about THAT?!  >:(

Ahem...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

hermes2015

Quote from: No one on August 09, 2017, 07:49:04 PM
hermes2015:
Loss of wifi is almost as stressful as a death in the family.

Depending on the family, and the member, more tears may be shed over the loss of the wifi.

:thumbsup: That is so true.
― Charles Eames

No one

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 09, 2017, 07:47:46 PM

;D

I guess it qualifies as a first world problem and I should not have whined so much .
It's OK. Maybe you are not a fork, a spoon, or a knife, maybe you should get a corkscrew, like Arturo.
QuoteCorkscrews - because we like winers, but not whiners.
:grin:

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on August 09, 2017, 07:51:45 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 09, 2017, 07:47:31 PM

I was going to respond to the other part he did when I came up with something good. So here it is...

Well, He hereby PROCLAIMS it to be a hemorrhoid. How's about THAT?!  >:(

Ahem...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on August 09, 2017, 07:58:59 PM

;D

It's OK. Maybe you are not a fork, a spoon, or a knife, maybe you should get a corkscrew, like Arturo.
QuoteCorkscrews - because we like winers, but not whiners.
:grin:

No, I am a French Army knife.
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

;D

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."