News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Arturo on August 06, 2017, 02:00:13 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 05, 2017, 09:08:43 PM

No internet is right up there along with no money.  :twitch: I know I would be desperate if I had to go two days without it.

I find it disconcerning that money to some people is a basic need. And that it takes precedence over all other things and sometimes food.

Money has the value people assign to it to make trade without losing other things of value. It's not a real resource without people. It's not right to consider it a gateway to basic resources like education or housing or food.

People need thise things or else they would die or the world or society would crumble. It's all necessary and to say you need to have a good life to achieve these things is barbaric.

/rant

Having money for money's sake is absurd, but like Asmo said you use it to buy certain basic needs..or use it as social capital. Unless you grow or breed your own food you have to trade something for it, and most establishments as far as I know only take money or credit.

But yes, money is paper, metal coins or some number associated with your bank account with the promise that it has a certain value (which isn't even stable but fluctuates based on uncontrollable or controllable factors).
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

I understand, it's stupid but necessary.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 05, 2017, 02:04:02 PM
I am writing this at someone else's house, since my own WiFi died two days ago. It is so frustrating, because I log on to HAF every morning to see what's new, almost like smokers do when they have their first cigarette. Now I just stare at an empty Firefox page. Remote diagnostics did not help, so they promised to send someone on Monday morning.
Monday is almost over and you're not here.  :sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Magdalena on August 08, 2017, 05:40:58 AM
I am writing this at someone else's house, since my own WiFi died two days ago. It is so frustrating, because I log on to HAF every morning to see what's new, almost like smokers do when they have their first cigarette. Now I just stare at an empty Firefox page. Remote diagnostics did not help, so they promised to send someone on Monday morning.
Dear Diary,
It's Tuesday and it looks as if hermes2015 still doesn't have WiFi. :sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on August 08, 2017, 06:42:02 PM
Dear Diary,

I hope he has survived the "draught" thus far. :notsure:

xSilverPhinx

It seems it's going to be one of those months when nothing works and I can't catch a break. I might have to purchase and hoard a bunch of good luck charms in the near future.  :-\

[/rant]

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 08, 2017, 10:57:12 PM
It seems it's going to be one of those months when nothing works and I can't catch a break. I might have to purchase and hoard a bunch of good luck charms in the near future.  :-\

[/rant]
:therethere:
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

I developed a painful and large pimple on the inside of my butt crack!!! :rant1:
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Asmodean

Let's call a hemorrhoid a hemorrhoid, shall we?  :grin:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Arturo

Quote from: Asmodean on August 09, 2017, 01:58:37 PM

It's not a hemorroid.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on August 09, 2017, 02:03:53 PM

It's not a hemorroid.
I've had piles of those!

Definitely hope, for your sake, it is not a fistula or ulcer either - had one each of those, at the same tine . . . Very, very OUCH! for several months.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 08, 2017, 10:54:33 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 08, 2017, 06:42:02 PM
Dear Diary,

I hope he has survived the "draught" thus far. :notsure:

It gives me a warm glow to see that some of you are concerned about my connectivity. No, things are still very bad -  it seems that there has been some damage to our cable, so it may take a day or two longer to get back to normal. Until then, we live in hope.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

Quote from: Arturo on August 09, 2017, 02:03:53 PM

It's not a hemorroid.
Hm!  >:( Rain on The Asmo's parade of harmless vicious mockery of another's ass-related issues, why doncha!  >:(

Well, He hereby PROCLAIMS it to be a hemorrhoid. How's about THAT?!  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

I'm thinking pilonidal abscess in which case he'll wish he had inflamed hemorrhoids.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.