News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

I dug around in a public trash compactor for thirty minutes looking for the keys I thought I'd thrown in there. Just as I called a locksmith once it became clear the keys weren't turning up they were found. They had somehow found their way from my hand to the roof of the car and had presumably been there the entire time.

Then, I had picked up a bottle of Roundup for some stubborn weeds along with a bottle of Febreeze to deodorize my shoes. Guess which one I used to initially spray my shoes? Needless to say, the combination of herbicide and air freshener removed to garbage odor. Not sure it's an improvement though.

Then, I had piced up some bolts while out to mount a vise I purchased last week in the shed. I drilled all the mounting holes and had it positioned more or less as I wanted it. There was only one small problem. The bolts were too short and would clear eit her the vise or the bench but not the two together.

Next, I fired up the Webber to grill some hotdogs. Everything went well until I noticed that the hotdogs were skinless. They went on the grill, heated for about fifteen seconds and burst into flames as there was nothing on the outside of the dog to keep the fat from reaching the flames. Burned hotdogs were enjoyed by all. Especially the dog...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on May 16, 2017, 05:31:46 AM
I dug around in a public trash compactor for thirty minutes looking for the keys I thought I'd thrown in there. Just as I called a locksmith once it became clear the keys weren't turning up they were found. They had somehow found their way from my hand to the roof of the car and had presumably been there the entire time.

Then, I had picked up a bottle of Roundup for some stubborn weeds along with a bottle of Febreeze to deodorize my shoes. Guess which one I used to initially spray my shoes? Needless to say, the combination of herbicide and air freshener removed to garbage odor. Not sure it's an improvement though.

Then, I had piced up some bolts while out to mount a vise I purchased last week in the shed. I drilled all the mounting holes and had it positioned more or less as I wanted it. There was only one small problem. The bolts were too short and would clear eit her the vise or the bench but not the two together.

Next, I fired up the Webber to grill some hotdogs. Everything went well until I noticed that the hotdogs were skinless. They went on the grill, heated for about fifteen seconds and burst into flames as there was nothing on the outside of the dog to keep the fat from reaching the flames. Burned hotdogs were enjoyed by all. Especially the dog...

At least this sad string of events will give you some amusing stories to tell at your next dinner party.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Did you manage this all in one day?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 16, 2017, 06:00:27 AM

At least this sad string of events will give you some amusing stories to tell at your next dinner party.

After that who would dare have a dinner party!!!
It would end up like a cheap horror movie.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

One day, yes. I ain't having no stinkin' parties either!

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Jesus fuck...
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

The description of your day could go under the definition of "Meh'day" in the dictionary, especially the key thing. Nothing worse than spending an inordinate amount of time looking for some lost item only to realize after some time of futile searching that they were practically right under your nose the entire time.

I was grilling some sausages this past winter with a natural type casing on them, and I forgot to turn down the burners once I put them on...I was in the kitchen doing something else, and after 10-15 minutes or so I noticed the large clouds of smoke billowing up past the window from the grill. Ran outside and opened the top to the grill and one of the sausages was spewing out a thin stream of grease and fat which had caught on fire, looked like a miniature flame thrower. I must have pierced the skin when I open the package. Needless to say we enjoyed some burnt sausage the evening as well.

Quote from: Arturo on May 16, 2017, 11:21:23 AM

Jesus fuck...

Who?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Claireliontamer

I knew it was going to be bad when JJ told me just to read the grumpy thread instead of being able to tell me about his bad day!

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on May 16, 2017, 07:15:23 AM
One day, yes. I ain't having no stinkin' parties either!
Shit!!! You should have stayed in bed!

xSilverPhinx

Wow, JJ! What a horrible day. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Translating a review full of ambiguous phrasing. I'm not a fricken' mind reader!  :grrr:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 18, 2017, 02:56:21 AM
Translating a review full of ambiguous phrasing. I'm not a fricken' mind reader!  :grrr:
:lol:

Sorry.  :(
I know, it's not funny.

...But it is.  :lol:
The part about, "I'm not a fricken' mind reader!"
Some things you can't translate, you can't interpret, you can only guess what they're saying by reading their minds.  ;D

;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on May 18, 2017, 05:42:32 AM

I know, it's not funny.

Some things you can't translate, you can't interpret, you can only guess what they're saying by reading their minds.  ;D

;D

And thus the Bible was created.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on May 18, 2017, 06:32:25 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 18, 2017, 05:42:32 AM

I know, it's not funny.

;D

And thus the Bible was created.

Ha-ha! Good one.  ;D

You know what's even better? They guessed what an invisible being was saying by reading his invisible mind.  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

OldGit

I feel for you, JJ!  I do that sort of stuff all the time!