News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Guardian85 on December 27, 2016, 07:33:20 PM
First time we celebrated Christmas at my grandparents place since my grandfather died. Weird feeling, him not being there.  :-\
:therethere:
This sounds more like a reason to be sad, not grumpy.  :(

...For some reason, no one wants to start a: Reasons To Be Sad--thread. Who wants to be looking for that everyday?  :sadshake:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on December 27, 2016, 09:54:59 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on December 27, 2016, 07:33:20 PM
First time we celebrated Christmas at my grandparents place since my grandfather died. Weird feeling, him not being there.  :-\
:therethere:
This sounds more like a reason to be sad, not grumpy.  :(

...For some reason, no one wants to start a: Reasons To Be Sad--thread. Who wants to be looking for that everyday?  :sadshake:

I bet some people would sit in there all day and we'd all just have a pity party. Not anyone HERE on the forum, I mean just in general people would do that.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Well over a frigging hour ago, whilst writing a document needed for an appointment I told Windows 10 to cancel an upgrade it wanted yo do.

It freaking did it anyway, just as I was about to print! It is still only 70% way through the set-up!

Only took this long to install W10 in the first place.

Ferkin Micro-fornicating-shite. Every upgrade a step backwards.

And I have missed my appointment.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

philosoraptor

So the mother of one of my mother-in-law's friends died, and neither the mother or the friend apparently have much family.  So my MIL volunteered my husband to be a pall bearer at the funeral (for this person he's never even met) without even talking to him first. Seriously, who the fuck does that?
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Tank

Quote from: philosoraptor on December 28, 2016, 02:19:01 PM
So the mother of one of my mother-in-law's friends died, and neither the mother or the friend apparently have much family.  So my MIL volunteered my husband to be a pall bearer at the funeral (for this person he's never even met) without even talking to him first. Seriously, who the fuck does that?
Your mother evidently.  :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on December 28, 2016, 02:40:31 PM
Quote from: philosoraptor on December 28, 2016, 02:19:01 PM
Your mother evidently.  :grin:

Mother in law, the mother of the manly shoulders she volunteered.
You could at least try to pay attention.

Hello Philo

I can't comment on the appropriateness of the volunteering of your husband by his mother, you've provided insufficient detail.  Has she slyly maintained the indebtedness some males feel for the one that birthed them? Has there been any knitted apparel or cakes?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Arturo

Mothers like to volunteer their male counterparts. I know this first hand, even though they weren't my real mother. Parents still try to parent their offspring even though they are grown up and married and stuff. Luckily for my sister she lives in another state than our parents.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Now I have to go through the process of of learning to write '2017' instead of '2016' in forms and records.  >:(

I'll find other reasons to be grumpy in a minute...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Yeah, mine isn't the worst of the bunch but I'm not living the life he always wanted me to live. I'm not a filthy rich diplomat or lawyer, or some other profession he sees as high status.

I gave up trying to please him long ago.   

Biggus Dickus

As a Dad I feel like grounding you two...tsk tsk.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Dads who try to mould their kids are a problem.

OK, so the brilliant academic kid wants to lay bricks for a living - guide him, or her, to lay the best bricks they can acheive.

A happy kid can make a happy dad! A miserable kid makes a grumpy dad.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on January 09, 2017, 01:16:33 PM
As a Dad I feel like grounding you two...tsk tsk.

:lol:

If that means I can stay at home, that's fine with me.  :P

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on January 09, 2017, 02:30:31 PM
Dads who try to mould their kids are a problem.

OK, so the brilliant academic kid wants to lay bricks for a living - guide him, or her, to lay the best bricks they can acheive.

A happy kid can make a happy dad! A miserable kid makes a grumpy dad.

When parents project their own ambitions onto their children  it can be a problem, especially when those kids grow up and have their own ideas of what they want in life.