News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

The Amazing Spiderman

Started by Sweetdeath, July 04, 2012, 10:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Woo, i just saw Spiderman about two hours ago.
I gotta say, fan of the comics or not, i think anyone could really enjoy this movie. I'm sure people will complain the fight scenes with Lizard were 'too short' or whatever, but i enjoyed the entirety of the movie.

The new Spidey suit was seeeeexy, and totally done right in my opinion. I also feel that Andy Garfield is a better Spidey than Tobey. It's ok-- i do like them for different reasons. I felt that Andy was a more 'not so obvious nerd' versus Tobey.

Dennis Leary sneaking up on me in the film was LOL. I didn't expect him!

And Stan Lee's cameo was top notch. I laughed really hard.

I thought overall it wasn't too overwhelming with the romance, and pretty fast pace. The CG was really also  well done .
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

I might watch it for the CG, but in general, The Gray One is allergic to superhero type stuff.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Asmodean on July 04, 2012, 10:17:25 PM
I might watch it for the CG, but in general, The Gray One is allergic to superhero type stuff.

Haha, the CG is definitely good.  :D

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

hismikeness

How was the 3-D? Or, did you see it in 3-D, I guess?
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Sweetdeath

Quote from: hismikeness on July 05, 2012, 09:10:53 AM
How was the 3-D? Or, did you see it in 3-D, I guess?
I should of seen it in 3D.
I will see it again with my girlfriend, and i'll pay extra if i must, but it's all the same to me. I'm not really hopping on the 3D wagon.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 04, 2012, 10:06:11 PM

I know that Stan Lee likes to appear in all his movies, but I didn't catch him this time.  :o

During which part of the movie was his cameo?

I also just came back from watching the movie. Recommended.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 08, 2012, 10:43:05 PM

I know that Stan Lee likes to appear in all his movies, but I didn't catch him this time.  :o

The library when Spidey and the Lizard were fighting at the High school. :)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 09, 2012, 02:44:27 AM

Really?! Wow, I had expected him to be just some face in a crowd. Yeah that was a great scene. :D

Sweetdeath

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 09, 2012, 03:47:51 AM

Really?! Wow, I had expected him to be just some face in a crowd. Yeah that was a great scene. :D

Did you ...not know what he looked like ? O__o;;;

Yes, i really enjoy all his cameos.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 09, 2012, 03:55:24 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 09, 2012, 03:47:51 AM

Did you ...not know what he looked like ? O__o;;;

Yes, i really enjoy all his cameos.

I did, but I really suck at recognizing faces. :-\

Crow

I still think the best cameo in a film was Hugh Jackman in Xmen: first class. Not seen the latest Spidy film yet, I will do though. Any spiderman film without Tobey Maguire is already onto a winner.
Retired member.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Crow on July 09, 2012, 03:22:10 PM
I still think the best cameo in a film was Hugh Jackman in Xmen: first class. Not seen the latest Spidy film yet, I will do though. Any spiderman film without Tobey Maguire is already onto a winner.

LOL

;D

hismikeness

I went and saw this in 3D and really enjoyed it. I think Andrew Garfield is a better Spidey than Tobey. I enjoyed the action scenes, and didn't think they were too short. Most of them were involving his "becoming" of SpiderMan.

I wasn't too impressed with the villian. I thought the CGI of his face was disturbing, because it was reptilian features on a mostly human skull. It just looked weird to me.

*Eagerly awaits the inevitable sequel, summer 2014.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Velma

My husband and I saw it last weekend and enjoyed it very much.  It wasn't as full of teenage angst and Aunt May wasn't some poor soul waiting for life to run over her.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

hismikeness

I heard this said and thought it was funny...

So you mean to tell me Peter is using all this fancy futuristic technology but when he has to google "spider bite" he used Bing??

;D