News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

The Rant Thread

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2012, 03:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

technolud

Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism Quote from: technolud on Today at 03:11:47 AM
This could be a very dangerous thread for me.  I could see spending all my time here.

I'll start with Fox News.  Fair an balanced they claim.  And people are f.......g stupid enough to believe it.

Fox news is the kind of thing that just shows that most people who claim left wing are really somewhere in the middle, and people who claim right wing are ignorant fools.  We tend to see reason and admit fault whereas they ignore every good thing a democrat does or spins it into a bad thing.

We?  Your including me in the left?  (Thank you, I'm flattered.)

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ali on June 20, 2012, 04:45:49 PM
LMAO!  BCE, your "special friend" is named Hoyt?

It was either that or Wyatt.  So difficult to decide, and I'm pretty much convinced Hoyt needs a buddy so I can use both names.  And that is the only reason.  Really.

QuoteLessee, what am I grouchy about?  Well, my car is in the shop, which means that I am stranded here at work.  And, AND the neverending flood remidiation continues at my house.  So basically both my house and my car are all messed up.  Also, this shirt is lower cut than I remembered, and I have to sit up very straight at all times or else risk having parts of me fall out.  >:(

Sounds like the end of civilization at your place.  Tough luck, and expensive too.

I'm also pissed off because my laptop from work just won't connect to the internet when it's at my apartment.  It connects at my girlfriend's apt., and the cable guy who came over to look at it got it going at my place but when I try to do it myself, zippo.  One of my co-workers is coming over after work to see if he can figure it out.  I can't believe I'm going to this much trouble just so I can work at home as well as at the office.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 21, 2012, 12:55:52 AM
Quote from: Ali on June 20, 2012, 04:45:49 PM
LMAO!  BCE, your "special friend" is named Hoyt?

It was either that or Wyatt.  So difficult to decide, and I'm pretty much convinced Hoyt needs a buddy so I can use both names.  And that is the only reason.  Really.

QuoteLessee, what am I grouchy about?  Well, my car is in the shop, which means that I am stranded here at work.  And, AND the neverending flood remidiation continues at my house.  So basically both my house and my car are all messed up.  Also, this shirt is lower cut than I remembered, and I have to sit up very straight at all times or else risk having parts of me fall out.  >:(

Sounds like the end of civilization at your place.  Tough luck, and expensive too.

I'm also pissed off because my laptop from work just won't connect to the internet when it's at my apartment.  It connects at my girlfriend's apt., and the cable guy who came over to look at it got it going at my place but when I try to do it myself, zippo.  One of my co-workers is coming over after work to see if he can figure it out.  I can't believe I'm going to this much trouble just so I can work at home as well as at the office.

I always prefered a desktop to a laptop. If it acts up, wire it and be done with it. ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

People are complete dicks. Someone from my old 4-H group called a potential buyer for Vinnie and told them that he was dangerous and that he wasn't worth a penny. Said potential buyer then called and said that she did not want to see him anymore. It is shit like this that makes me regret getting into horses.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Crow

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 21, 2012, 02:40:15 AM
People are complete dicks. Someone from my old 4-H group called a potential buyer for Vinnie and told them that he was dangerous and that he wasn't worth a penny. Said potential buyer then called and said that she did not want to see him anymore. It is shit like this that makes me regret getting into horses.

I bet your parents pockets regret it even more.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 21, 2012, 02:40:15 AM

What a turd!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: Crow on June 21, 2012, 02:53:37 AM
I bet your parents pockets regret it even more.
...Provided they can stil afford pockets  :(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

Oh blimey. BH, that's a pretty nasty trick.  I hope the slimebag won't be able to identify future buyers.

Asmodean

Slimebag has car, yes? Car has tyres and brake lines, no? You has a knife, I assume? Apply last to previous, some or all, depending on how pissed you are, then point and laugh.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

I don't know if Bud's problem person is a slimebag or not, don't know if they were being vindictive or not.  If someone had warned Bud of her horses nature I'd have thought that was a good thing.

Oh sorry where's my group loyalty, slimebag, slimebag, slimebag.

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 21, 2012, 11:22:51 AM
Yes. If His Grayness can do it, then so can you  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

I don't know if Bud's problem person is a slimebag or not, don't know if they were being vindictive or not.  If someone had warned Bud of her horses nature I'd have thought that was a good thing.

TMP speaks wisely.

Although we are privy to Buddy's attempts to retrain Vinny and find a suitable placement for him.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Looks like those recipes might actually become useful after all.
Retired member.

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Quote from: technolud on June 20, 2012, 11:57:17 PM
Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism Quote from: technolud on Today at 03:11:47 AM
This could be a very dangerous thread for me.  I could see spending all my time here.

I'll start with Fox News.  Fair an balanced they claim.  And people are f.......g stupid enough to believe it.

Fox news is the kind of thing that just shows that most people who claim left wing are really somewhere in the middle, and people who claim right wing are ignorant fools.  We tend to see reason and admit fault whereas they ignore every good thing a democrat does or spins it into a bad thing.

We?  Your including me in the left?  (Thank you, I'm flattered.)
No I was just hoping beyond hope.  The truth is that most people either are in the middle, or don't care about politics at all.  I lean left myself, but not very far left. Politicians will lie, steal, and cheat no matter what side they are on.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Buddy

Oh I agree with you guys that I had had seen the warning as a good thing when I bought him, but I had talked to these people for a good week about Vinnie and my wishes for him. They wanted him as a companion to their other horse after they ha to put his buddy down. He would have had a nice life as a pasture puff. It just irritates the hell out of me that someone would do that behind my back.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.