News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Bruce Makes his Millennium post!!!

Started by Tank, June 18, 2012, 08:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Ecurb Noselrub makes it to an excellent Millennium of posts!

Congratulations you mad bastard!  ;D

Somebody open the cutlery drawer!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ecurb Noselrub

A thousand thanks. It's fun being here.

Ali

Congrats!!!! To many thousands more!

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Siz

Hurah!
Bruce's Almighty 1000  ;D

Well done Matey. I bet you don't feel a post over 700...  :D

X

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

DeterminedJuliet

For your millennium post, I made you a millennium falcon cake! (please disregard the clutter on my counters)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

markmcdaniel

It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 18, 2012, 11:20:14 PM
For your millennium post, I made you a millennium falcon cake! (please disregard the clutter on my counters)

Ooh, nice.  Please freeze me a piece and send it to .......

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on June 18, 2012, 08:22:23 PM

I haven't got any ideas for customisation besides a little halo for the fish.  No lawyer related thing springs to mind.

Well done Ecurb.

I wonder if that cake has a chewie inside.

OldGit

Well done, Bruce!  A major achievement for a christian among atheists - not only do you not annoy us, but we respect you and enjoy your contributions as much as you obviously like being with us.  I think it's down to you being a really nice bloke.

What are you have on your spoon?

Siz

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 19, 2012, 05:51:20 AM
Quote from: Tank on June 18, 2012, 08:22:23 PM

I haven't got any ideas for customisation besides a little halo for the fish.  No lawyer related thing springs to mind.
Howsabout a grail with a HAF handle...

Quote from: TMPI wonder if that cake has a chewie inside.
:D

Well, if it's been made correctly it'll have the icing layer, the sponge layer and a princess layer.
:P

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

The Magic Pudding

Guardian85

That spoon looks mighty nice.

Congrats, Bruce!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Love the angelic HAF spoon! Use it in good health.