Just got a Malware warning from Chrome when I tried to access the board

Started by Thunder Road, May 22, 2012, 06:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder Road

said something about content from aceshobiz.com.

Just thought I would let you guys know.
"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." -John Lennon, Strawberry Fields Forever

Freshman Meteorology major at Valparaiso University in Indiana and fan of exclusively classic rock.

Recusant

P M sent.

I think that any Chrome users who click on this thread should get the same warning that Thunder Road got. I've investigated it, and I don't think that there is any real danger. I have also explained to him what I think is causing the issue, and a possible solution.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

OldGit

Yes.  I got the warning, too, just on this thread, with Chrome.  I'm posting now via Firefox, where it doesn't happen.

Amicale

Quote from: OldGit on May 22, 2012, 09:32:41 AM
Yes.  I got the warning, too, just on this thread, with Chrome.  I'm posting now via Firefox, where it doesn't happen.

Just wanted to also second the confirmation from a Firefox user that it doesn't happen when I use Firefox, either.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Amicale on May 22, 2012, 03:05:42 PM
Quote from: OldGit on May 22, 2012, 09:32:41 AM

Just wanted to also second the confirmation from a Firefox user that it doesn't happen when I use Firefox, either.

Same with Camino, but that is likely because it's simply firefox with a Mac layout.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Asmodean

My firewall is silent, but then it is not known for occasionally creating a storm in a coffee cup...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

The issue has been resolved,* but the input regarding the response of various browsers was welcome, and interesting.

*The site from which Thunder Road originally uploaded his avatar had (according to Chrome) likely become temporarily host to some sort of malware. Because the URL of the avatar image pointed back to that site, any thread in which Thunder Road posted would be flagged by Chrome as possibly infected. There was actually never any real danger, but Thunder Road changed the source for his avatar anyway, which was thoughtful. Thank you!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken