Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

False. No one is a duck-billed platypus. A semiaquatic, egg-laying mammal held inside a secret government facility who is allowed to post on this forum as long as he doesn't reveal that he is a platypus or some other animal held inside a secret government facility. It would explain everything.

TNP thinks No one is ready to leave the secret government facility and become independent.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

False. He's best left under supervision.

TNP has watched Bridgerton on Netflix?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

Never heard of it.

The following poster has a photo of knick knacking, pattywhacking, bone giving, old man rolling home.

Ecurb Noselrub

True, I took a selfie just a few minutes ago.

TNP is planning an invasion of Andorra while the rest of the world's attention is diverted by the war in Ukraine.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 24, 2022, 03:53:37 PM
True, I took a selfie just a few minutes ago.

TNP is planning an invasion of Andorra while the rest of the world's attention is diverted by the war in Ukraine.

True, very true, and I'm a bit alarmed that you knew that. Must be a spy here in our Michigan Militia group.

Anyway we are preparing the invasion of Andorra (That's just outside Toledo, Ohio right?)

TNP believes the details of the Ukraine invasion are on Hunter Biden's laptop, or coded within Hilary's emails?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

True, and what's more, Hunter's laptop is located in Andorra, thus justifying the invasion. I can tell that you have a superior knowledge of geography, like most Americans of your generation. Go to Toledo and turn right. People in that part of the world sincerely hope that someone will invade and take over.

TNP could locate Ukraine, Moldova, Tajikistan, Tonga, and Malawi, on a map with no country names, just outlines of the countries.

Dark Lightning

Not fucking even, because

TNP knows how to make a "B dot probe" for measurements of electromagnetic fields (which I do, and this is why I don't know where those places are).

Icarus

As a small time geography freak, I do know where those places are.  At least where they are, on a globe or a National Geographic map.

TNP knows where the Bismark Sea is located.  Clue; southeast Asian waters.  No it has nothing to do with the famous urgency made by Churchill: "we must you know, sink the Bismark".

Ecurb Noselrub

To bring it all together, no, I cannot make a B dot probe, and yes, I know where the Bismark Sea is (Papua New Guinea).

TNP likes to look at maps, and generally understands them.

Biggus Dickus

Very true...I love maps. When I was young, and reading The Lord of the Rings Trilogy I had a large map of middle-earth that a cousin gave me, and I would use it to track the journeys of the Fellow-Ship as well as Frodo in the Hobbit as I read the books.

We we would travel as a family when I was young, and my dad would let me navigate as we drove across the US and Canada. I had a nice collection of maps, some that I used and others that I simply collected. Some were very old, and given to me by my Grandfather...sadly my collection was lost when I moved out of my parents home.

I miss traveling just by maps, and really admire cartographers.

I graduated from the Army Pathfinder School as well.

TNP has sailed the seas with only a map (I mean no GPS).
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

True. I have sailed the seas with only a map.  GPS did not exist at those times.   RDF,( radio direction finder) did exist but was sometimes unreliable. Best deal is to rely on ones sextant or at least dead reckoning.  The Polynesian navigators were far more clever.  Steering by the stars, observing currents, seas state, and sometimes bird life.

TNP is allergic to avocado salads.   

No one

Incorrect. I do toss a mean salad though.

The following poster once appeared on Jay Walking.

Ecurb Noselrub

False. I tried to get on but Jay could see that I knew too much and might make him look bad.  So I crossed the street and got hit by a car.

TNP has a hankering for some Chinese food.

billy rubin

false

yesterday i acquiesced to my vegan daughters recommendation and ordered hot and spicy eggplant, even though i detest eggplant

i said, got to keep testing. maybe eggplant has changed . . .

eggplant had not changed.

TNP has hunted jackrabbits from the back of a pickup truck racing across the praiire

set the function, not the mechanism.

Bad Penny II

False though I've never been in is such a situation.
I probably wouldn't chase the rabbits out of the vehicle though, ask 'em to contribute for fuel maybe, if they can.

The Np knows what the female equivalent of a Jack Rabbit is.  Jane?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.