News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Brits Need Sesame Street?

Started by AnimatedDirt, May 21, 2012, 06:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimatedDirt

Just a poke at the Brits...  ;D

Track officials' counting error costs British hurdler Jessica Ennis personal best

So many Brits on HAF that seem to hate Americans...just thought I'd throw a funny the other way.  :)

QuoteThis was a particularly embarrassing mistake for Brits so close to the start of the London Olympics. Ennis said she's never experienced such a mistake, even when running in school competitions. The good news for international athletes is that the Olympic track and field events are run by the IAAF with officials who should be able to count to 10. Word is they are hiring this guy as a special consultant.  *pic of The Count*

hismikeness

Funny- I coach track (well, I coach field) here at the local high school, and we had a kid qualify for an invite only meet because our hurdle crew set up only 9 hurdles for the 110 highs.

Here's the problem: there are dash marks on the lanes for where the hurdles are to be placed. They are in different spots for the boys race than the girls races, since the girls is 100 meters and the boys is 110. Anyway, after the girls race the stadium announcer gives instructions to the hurdle crew, "move the hurdles to the value line, up two notches." what he forgot to say is to move them towards the starting line. The hurdle crew moved them towards the finish line, then when they ran out of dash marks they removed a set of hurdles.

No one noticed, but because it wasn't a legal race we didn't count this kid's time as a qualifying mark for the meet. He qualified the next week anyway (with all ten hurdles this time) so it all worked out.

Something like that should never happen at a high level meet like the article.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Crow

Nah not hate, just a bit a friendly banter really. But yeah they need to bring Sesame Street back regardless, it was on when I was a young 'un and I loved it, Yo Gabba Gabba is pretty good though.

I was gutted that I forgot about the athletics event. Its free for anyone through the streets of Manchester city center, its ace.
Retired member.