Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 16, 2017, 06:50:26 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 16, 2017, 05:30:18 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 16, 2017, 12:57:14 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on July 16, 2017, 09:34:54 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 16, 2017, 07:33:48 AM
Guys... :shifty:
Today is Gerry Rzeppa's birthday.  :shifty:

Never heard of him, some kind of religious singer or something?

One of the more "interesting" former members of HAF.
:this:
I tried to find one of his posts in the Dump Pile of Crazy Troll Posts, but I couldn't find anything. It's like he has been erased from history.  :shifty:

It's true! I tried searching for his threads as well but couldn't find any.  :violin:

He's got some still showing on his profile page.  I was following an argument he was having with Rec for awhile, and then just couldn't handle it.  Way over my head.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 16, 2017, 08:03:36 PM
He's got some still showing on his profile page.  I was following an argument he was having with Rec for awhile, and then just couldn't handle it.  Way over my head.

Right, the member list! :grin:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeere's Gerry!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 16, 2017, 08:12:02 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 16, 2017, 08:03:36 PM

Right, the member list! :grin:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeere's Gerry!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wow! Thanks.
Ahhhhhhh....Memories.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Still trying to recover from yesterday, my Monday was like a day on Mercury, ugh. :'(

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Guardian85

So as you might have heard, a few weeks ago my Grandmother suffered a pretty severe brain hemmorage and was hospitalized. She wasn't getting any better and on Thursday a decision was made to end treatment and let her go.

Stubborn old bint...  ::)
while we were going around all weekend waiting for word that she had expired she instead got better, so much in fact she is now sitting up and able to eat again.
Still doesn't recognize people or seem to know where she is, but at this point all bets are off.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Guardian85 on July 18, 2017, 06:38:22 PM
So as you might have heard, a few weeks ago my Grandmother suffered a pretty severe brain hemmorage and was hospitalized. She wasn't getting any better and on Thursday a decision was made to end treatment and let her go.

while we were going around all weekend waiting for word that she had expired she instead got better, so much in fact she is now sitting up and able to eat again.
Still doesn't recognize people or seem to know where she is, but at this point all bets are off.

Good for her!  I've heard of something like this before -- taking a patient off life support actually shocked them into recovery.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Guardian85

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 18, 2017, 07:04:16 PM

Good for her!  I've heard of something like this before -- taking a patient off life support actually shocked them into recovery.
My money is on stubborness... ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Guardian85 on July 18, 2017, 07:06:18 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 18, 2017, 07:04:16 PM

My money is on stubborness... ;D

That is something, probably she's also much stronger than she looks. You Go Girl!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Ha! Well you never know.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

This is a great story.  ;D
I'm glad to hear she's doing better.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

:party:

Claireliontamer

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Kind of feeling sorry for my sister right now, who was robbed and lost her job this week.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 21, 2017, 12:45:48 PM
Kind of feeling sorry for my sister right now, who was robbed and lost her job this week.

That is so terrible. I am really sorry to hear that.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames