News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

End of the world in 5 days

Started by Gawen, October 16, 2011, 07:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy with no god

Still here in the UK, all seems well.
What gets me about all this is what damage it does to those who think Camping is right.

Back in May loads of people were waiting to hear the sound of a trumpet and be raptured into heaven, knowing that they would be leaving loved ones who did not quite hit the mark to burn in hell. Not that it would worry them as when they go to heaven they would forget all the ones left behind. But nothing happened, have i been left behind? was i not good enough? what about my credit card that i maxed out  thinking i would not be paying it back.

Whoops Harold got his date wrong never mind its back on for October. October 21st again nothing happens.

I read a story about a gourp who booked into a flash hotel in South Africa so they could all be together for the rapture, when nothing happened they were faced with a large bill.

What would be funny would be if someone went round to Campings house at night with a trumpet and a search light. :D
I don't know why people are so keen to put the details of their private life in public(Facebook). They forget that invisibility is a superpower."

Tank

Quote from: Happy with no god on October 24, 2011, 01:03:49 PM
{snip}

What would be funny would be if someone went round to Campings house at night with a trumpet and a search light. :D
What a brilliant idea!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ildiko

STOP PRESS: Worrying resurrection news from Italy.

About 3 hours ago I zapped an annoying giant buzzy fly with one of those Chinese mozzy-killer tennis racquets that electrocute the buggers. It crackled and sparked and I dropped it into the waste-paper basket.

10 minutes ago there was a buzzing noise as a fly tried to escape through the closed window. I looked in the waste-paper basket ... and the corpse was gone.

N.B. No stones were rolled away during this process.

Attila

Quote from: Ildiko on October 24, 2011, 02:46:12 PM
STOP PRESS: Worrying resurrection news from Italy.

About 3 hours ago I zapped an annoying giant buzzy fly with one of those Chinese mozzy-killer tennis racquets that electrocute the buggers. It crackled and sparked and I dropped it into the waste-paper basket.

10 minutes ago there was a buzzing noise as a fly tried to escape through the closed window. I looked in the waste-paper basket ... and the corpse was gone.

N.B. No stones were rolled away during this process.
Praise Jesus! 10 minutes instead of 3 days! But then a fly is smaller.