News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

New Penn and Teller Program Coming

Started by McQ, April 04, 2011, 07:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

I'm very excited to learn that a new Penn and Teller TV program is coming. It is called "Penn and Teller's Secrets of the Universe". Discovery Channel will air it here in the U.S. I don't have any information on airing in other countries yet.

I found out about it while on a photo safari last week. I was in Gatorland  http://www.gatorland.com/ and ran into a Discovery film crew who was filming a segment on alligators. I have a few photos from it on my iPhone.

What I found fascinating is that the crew was there with three musicians, who were using Tubas to get the gators to bellow and rise up out of the water. Specifically, they were playing a low B flat to do it. They played the note over and over and over. It worked! The gators responded by hissing, bellowing, and rising up out of the water. Very cool.

Not sure what they were trying to prove, but anyway, they told me it was for the new P&T show. Unfortunately, no actual visit from P&T that day.

Can't wait to see the show. Here is one of the musicians. I don't know about the B flat, but she was getting my full attention.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Ihateyoumike

Thank you for that. That just jumped onto my most anticipated list. I hope they're still gonna be doing bullshit though.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

joeactor

Very cool - hope it's a success... I've always liked P&T.

(oh, and I'm voting for a "C Major" instead...)

joeactor

... there's a twitter @PTSecrets btw...

McQ

Quote from: "joeactor"... there's a twitter @PTSecrets btw...

Yes, I found it yesterday. Penn (on his own Twitter feed) replied to one of my Twitter posts about running into this crew at Gatorland, and he confirmed the show will indeed air on Discovery.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "joeactor"... there's a twitter @PTSecrets btw...

Yes, I found it yesterday. Penn (on his own Twitter feed) replied to one of my Twitter posts about running into this crew at Gatorland, and he confirmed the show will indeed air on Discovery.
Did you get the musicians name and phone number as well?  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.