News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

thats interesting. back when i was an opium addict in southeast asia (i was a pretty headstrong teenager) my folks took me to a psychiatrist to see what the problem was. (there was no problem, i simply really really liked opium.)

i tend to have an addictive mentality. good thing i'm a long way away from it now.

anyway, the psychiatrist reported back that there were no mental health issues, that i smoked opium because i liked it.

if it was legal and i didn't drive a truck for a living (drug tests), i have about 15 acres that would be blooming in poppies right now and every year after.

besides, theyre beautiful

set the function, not the mechanism.

Magdalena

Quote from: Sandra Craft on June 09, 2020, 09:24:05 PM
Quote from: Randy on June 09, 2020, 04:00:18 PM
Therapy. It's been on my mind all weekend really. I have an appointment at 1:30pm today and I haven't a clue as to what to talk about. Not much happens in my little world. This may be a short session.  :-\

I tried therapy years ago and gave it up for much the same reason.  Hard to feel I was getting any bang for my buck when the therapist and I just sat there staring at each other for 45 minutes.
I made mine earn every single penny that I paid her.
:blahblah: :la la la la:

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Magdalena

Just want to inform those who enjoy this sort of thing, here... :grin:

Jupiter and Saturn form a triangle with the moon tonight. Here's how to see it.

QuoteCatch the trio together from midnight 'til dawn.
Jupiter, Saturn and the crescent moon will form a triangle in the night sky overnight on June 8-9, 2020. The trio will rise in the southeast shortly before midnight and fade from view when dawn breaks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.space.com/amp/moon-jupiter-saturn-conjunctions-june-2020.html

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

An I phone app called; Skyview lite is free.  It is fun to play with. It names almost all the celestial objects when you align them in a target circle.  It also identifies space junk that can be seen on your screen.  The app works indoors or outdoors and if you point the phone toward the ground it still shows objects at the bottom of our world at that particular time. I can spot the triangle or other planetary arrangements with that little app.

The upgrade is $4.99 and includes a satellite spotter and identifier.  Find the location of the ISS at any time. There are a gazillion sattelites along with bits of space junk out there that you can find and identify with the upgraded app. 

These are really interesting little gimmicks for your phone.  Boredom fix when you are standing in line at the grocery store or waiting for your appointment with the dentist who will almost surely make you wait 45 minutes past your appointment time.   

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on June 10, 2020, 04:05:07 AM
Therapy. It's been on my mind all weekend really. I have an appointment at 1:30pm today and I haven't a clue as to what to talk about. Not much happens in my little world. This may be a short session.  :-\

I tried therapy years ago and gave it up for much the same reason.  Hard to feel I was getting any bang for my buck when the therapist and I just sat there staring at each other for 45 minutes.

:rofl:  I can so easily imagine this!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on June 10, 2020, 04:05:07 AM

:lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

My therapy session lasted about thirty minutes. No depression, no anxiety, nothing to report. I'm tired all the time but that is probably due to physical reasons, maybe medicine related as well.

Then she asked me if I wanted to talk again in a week or two weeks. Two weeks is fine although, as I've stated before, not much happens in my little world.

She asked me how I was dealing with all the news that's been happening and I deal with it like I do any news these days. Nothing typically gets my emotions going anymore. I mostly just want to sleep or at least lie here in the quiet and think. There really isn't anything for me to talk about with regards to a therapist.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on June 11, 2020, 12:13:00 AM
An I phone app called; Skyview lite is free.  It is fun to play with. It names almost all the celestial objects when you align them in a target circle.  It also identifies space junk that can be seen on your screen.  The app works indoors or outdoors and if you point the phone toward the ground it still shows objects at the bottom of our world at that particular time. I can spot the triangle or other planetary arrangements with that little app.

The upgrade is $4.99 and includes a satellite spotter and identifier.  Find the location of the ISS at any time. There are a gazillion sattelites along with bits of space junk out there that you can find and identify with the upgraded app. 

These are really interesting little gimmicks for your phone.  Boredom fix when you are standing in line at the grocery store or waiting for your appointment with the dentist who will almost surely make you wait 45 minutes past your appointment time.

That sounds fun.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Randy on June 11, 2020, 02:44:24 AM
My therapy session lasted about thirty minutes. No depression, no anxiety, nothing to report. I'm tired all the time but that is probably due to physical reasons, maybe medicine related as well.

Then she asked me if I wanted to talk again in a week or two weeks. Two weeks is fine although, as I've stated before, not much happens in my little world.

She asked me how I was dealing with all the news that's been happening and I deal with it like I do any news these days. Nothing typically gets my emotions going anymore. I mostly just want to sleep or at least lie here in the quiet and think. There really isn't anything for me to talk about with regards to a therapist.

Good to see you are keeping your equilibrium.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Coffee. It's something that I used to drink a lot of before my tastes changed. I'm having a cup this morning. I don't know why. I suppose it's to give me something to do while I work on something. It still tastes awful.

It seems like the cold drinks taste better than the hot ones do. I found I like iced coffee although I can't make it. Right now I'm drinking Caramel Vanilla Creme by Green Mountain. I keep thinking that if I get the sugar just right maybe it will taste good. So far it hasn't.

"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

hermes2015

Quote from: Randy on June 11, 2020, 01:59:29 PM
Coffee. It's something that I used to drink a lot of before my tastes changed. I'm having a cup this morning. I don't know why. I suppose it's to give me something to do while I work on something. It still tastes awful.

It seems like the cold drinks taste better than the hot ones do. I found I like iced coffee although I can't make it. Right now I'm drinking Caramel Vanilla Creme by Green Mountain. I keep thinking that if I get the sugar just right maybe it will taste good. So far it hasn't.

I consume liters of coffee every week, so years ago I weaned myself off sugar and milk. Now the only milky coffee that passes my lips is cappuccino sans sugar.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Randy

As a programmer I found myself drinking coffee a lot without sugar and just a bit of cream. Maybe if I can find the right blend like, I don't know, a breakfast blend that would help. Right now, thanks to chemo, my taste buds are all out of whack and I'm just now getting back to drinking it.

I don't program anymore. It's just too draining these days. The more I do the more tired I get so I tend to take it easy. But a morning cup of coffee seems to start my day off right.

Randy

Sleep. For some reason I can't seem to get enough of it. I got sick about two weeks ago (the nutrition bag was contaminated) and I slept most of the day. From that point on, I sleep almost all the time now.

For example: I went to bed around 11:00pm, and woke around 8:30am. I went back to sleep sometime after 9:40am and was awakened at around 2:30. I went back to sleep and awoke around 4:00pm. I'm tired now.

I'll talk to my healthcare teams about it all. There was a time when I couldn't sleep and now it is all I seem to do.

That's what's on my mind today.

No one

Maybe you're finally getting that ketchup with that burger.