News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

Quote from: Claireliontamer on January 13, 2016, 09:04:21 PM
Oh and buddy. ....morphine is the real good stuff. I'm quite enjoying my oromorph induced sleeps at the moment!

Morphine is the shit. I only had it once when I had a kidney stone and I still remember that initial feeling when it hit. It's like a warm blanket oozing through your body.

Good luck with everything Claire. Is scamp holding up ok with everything going on?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Crow

One thing that is really starting to annoy me about not eating animal products is when I order food and the service person proceeds to ask me if I'm vegan, veganism bugs the crap out of me but that is another post altogether as does organics and the chemical free nonsense. I'm already sick of replying "no but my diet is very similar", so now I like to make up lies such as I'm a lactose intolerant vegetarian but I'm already bored of that. I thought I might get cravings for animal products just like I did before I gave them up, I thought my cravings would be of slow cooked shredded beef that had been lightly spiced, roast chicken, pasta e lenticchie or something similar but nope the cravings have been for a Gregg's pasty and a McDonald's hamburger they are things would never have eaten anyway because I don't even like them.
Retired member.

Asmodean Prime

Never having evolved past being an omnivore, I don't have problems of that kind and it's... Beautiful.

Insoluble

Quote from: Crow on January 14, 2016, 02:12:13 PM
One thing that is really starting to annoy me about not eating animal products is when I order food and the service person proceeds to ask me if I'm vegan, veganism bugs the crap out of me but that is another post altogether as does organics and the chemical free nonsense. I'm already sick of replying "no but my diet is very similar", so now I like to make up lies such as I'm a lactose intolerant vegetarian but I'm already bored of that. I thought I might get cravings for animal products just like I did before I gave them up, I thought my cravings would be of slow cooked shredded beef that had been lightly spiced, roast chicken, pasta e lenticchie or something similar but nope the cravings have been for a Gregg's pasty and a McDonald's hamburger they are things would never have eaten anyway because I don't even like them.

Ye,  with you brother, service personal failing to anticipate your needy need, it's just wrong, they should be punished.
I'm happy, hope you're happy too

Crow

Quote from: Insoluble on January 14, 2016, 02:40:43 PM
Ye,  with you brother, service personal failing to anticipate your needy need, it's just wrong, they should be punished.

Indeed. I guess I should really look at it as them being interested or nice but I just find it annoying.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

That's because Greggs pasties once in a while are exactly what's needed. The soggy pastry, the bland filling, the grease as you eat them....

Pasta Chick

Someone just came running in crying and said they needed to take their dog home right away because they talked to their priest and he's coming over to exorcise the house and the dog. We were gonna recommend a thyroid test or something, but sure, whatever. Demonic possession it is!

Buddy

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 14, 2016, 06:46:33 PM
Someone just came running in crying and said they needed to take their dog home right away because they talked to their priest and he's coming over to exorcise the house and the dog. We were gonna recommend a thyroid test or something, but sure, whatever. Demonic possession it is!

Those damn crafty demons
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 14, 2016, 06:49:34 PM

Those damn crafty demons

Well, that's a new one...  :o

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 14, 2016, 07:42:42 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 14, 2016, 06:49:34 PM

Those damn crafty demons

Well, that's a new one...  :o
Did you happen to catch what religion they are...the people that is, not really the dogg.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Pasta Chick

We assume Catholic, based mostly on the region.

I do feel bad, this person has done a lot of testing already without clear diagnosis. I don't fault people for turning to superstition when all else fails - at that point, fuck it, why not? But we were working on a medical solution when this all went down. :(

Buddy

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 14, 2016, 08:11:07 PM

I do feel bad, this person has done a lot of testing already without clear diagnosis. I don't fault people for turning to superstition when all else fails - at that point, fuck it, why not? But we were working on a medical solution when this all went down. :(

If it works do you think they can do my cat next?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Firebird

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 14, 2016, 08:13:10 PM

If that works, every atheist cat owner (including me) will reconsider their beliefs :)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Biggus Dickus

Just curious, as fucked up as the Catholic church is they are pretty stringent when it comes to demonic possession and performing exorcisms, and I'm not aware of any church sanctioned exorcisms on animals, probably the priest is coming over to bless both the house and dog.

All kidding aside I do feel for the dogg, poor thing needs medical care and not this hocus-pocus crap.

Quote from: Firebird on January 14, 2016, 08:15:42 PM

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 14, 2016, 08:13:10 PM

If that works, every atheist cat owner (including me) will reconsider their beliefs :)

Sorry, but even though it is a scientific fact that all kats are demon possessed, you can't exorcise the damn things, believe me I've tried...your best bet is to give the kat(s) you own away to family members you can't stand.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Pasta Chick

It may not have been Catholic. We're assuming based on the overall demographic of the area. The owner was the one who brought up exorcism, and they were very emotional so possibly they misspoke. I would ask about it but then I'm crossing into things I can't discuss anyway.