Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

WHAT!?  >:(

...Tank! It was Tank. The Asmo knows.

*insert a long tirade about watching and unfairness and spoiling of perfectly good plans*
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Biggus Dickus

I was tasked yesterday with wrapping all of our Christmas presents. I afraid to say it, but I wasted some good paper last night in the process.

It took me hours, basically I watched two whole movies and went to bed last night about 3am.

They're wrapped, not very prettily, and I'm sure when Socorro gets home from work this afternoon there will be some gentle criticism, along with much laughter, but a present-wrapping Elf I am not.

Still have to puts some bows and ribbons on the packages, along with the name tags...that should take me another couple hours yet tonight or the length of one good movie.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Buddy

I justify my bad wrapping as it is going to get ripped off anyway, so it shouldn't matter.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Wait, am I the only one who doesn't celebrate xmas?
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 24, 2014, 04:57:27 PM

No there's you and that Grinch fella'

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Bruno on December 24, 2014, 05:00:37 PM

Yes, because not celebrating xmas automatically means i'm such a mean spirited person. I see. That's nice.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 24, 2014, 05:02:38 PM

Yes, because not celebrating xmas automatically means i'm such a mean spirited person. I see. That's nice.
LOL! Who got out of the wrong side of the bed today!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

I didn't mean it that way SD. Sorry. I was just joking....

Sweetdeath

I suppose I'm not kind of sick of people giving me a certain look when I respectfully tell them I do not celebrate xmas. I haven't celebrated it since a young adolescence and most adults cannot seem to wrap it around their minds that not everyone wants to haul a dead tree into their home and wrap gifts out of obligation. I have bills to pay and my part time job already cut so many hours. My girlfriend's birthday is in Nov (after mine, ) so I love to give birthday gifts. I don't like obligation and feeling of hypocrisy that people give, like 'how dare you not celebrate what i believe in.'

Just because it's socially accepted almost everywhere, doesn't mean I have to do it. I just wish people would respect that.

OldGit

I'd much rather pig out for Christmas than fast for Ramadan.  And if we don't hang on to the one, we'll soon get the other imposed on us.

Buddy

My mom's boyfriend just showed me the engagement ring he bought for my mom. It's nice and I think she will like it but I just can't really feel excited about them getting married. I don't hate him or anything I just don't know how to feel about this.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: OldGit on December 24, 2014, 05:53:06 PM
I'd much rather pig out for Christmas than fast for Ramadan.  And if we don't hang on to the one, we'll soon get the other imposed on us.

Wow.  You guys are closer to that reality in the UK than we are in the US, but I think you are correct.

OldGit

Quote from: Budhorse4My mom's boyfriend just showed me the engagement ring he bought for my mom. It's nice and I think she will like it but I just can't really feel excited about them getting married. I don't hate him or anything I just don't know how to feel about this.

I know what you're saying, Buddy.  It's going to be hard, but it seems to me you've got to help your Mum to have her bit of happiness.  It must have been damn tough for her all these years.

Buddy

Quote from: OldGit on December 24, 2014, 08:19:36 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4My mom's boyfriend just showed me the engagement ring he bought for my mom. It's nice and I think she will like it but I just can't really feel excited about them getting married. I don't hate him or anything I just don't know how to feel about this.

I know what you're saying, Buddy.  It's going to be hard, but it seems to me you've got to help your Mum to have her bit of happiness.  It must have been damn tough for her all these years.

Yeah I'm going to try for her. We've been through this song and dance before and it hasn't ended well.

Firebird

Come on, he was obviously joking. We don't celebrate either, I was raised jewish and my wife is technically Muslim. We're not doing anything else tomorrow besides cooking food and probably watching a bunch of Netflix. So bah humbug to all of you too!  ;D
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"