News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

I thoroughly disliked Starcraft 2 - even more than I disliked the original, in fact.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Firebird

Quote from: Asmodean on June 25, 2012, 12:28:31 AM
I thoroughly disliked Starcraft 2 - even more than I disliked the original, in fact.

How come?
I loved Starcraft, but I only do the single-player mode. Multiplayer is too involved
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Crow

Quote from: Firebird on June 25, 2012, 12:32:00 AM

How come?

Yeah how come?
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

I have 5 exams this week :( and a load of projects to turn in and more exams after that.

Starcraft? I've heard of that before. Is it a RTS like Age of Empires?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 25, 2012, 12:39:20 AM
Starcraft? I've heard of that before. Is it a RTS like Age of Empires?

Yeah it sure is. Here's a review.
Retired member.

Asmodean

How come?
I loved Starcraft, but I only do the single-player mode. Multiplayer is too involved
Not pretty enough, for a sci-fi, even a wannabe sci-fi, far too basic plus a few other reasons of a subjective nature, like low replayable-factor.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Quote from: Asmodean on June 25, 2012, 02:23:15 AM

How come?
Not pretty enough, for a sci-fi, even a wannabe sci-fi, far too basic plus a few other reasons of a subjective nature, like low replayable-factor.
Woah woah woah and elderscrolls games are? :D I'm only messing, fair point.
Retired member.

Asmodean

Quote from: Crow on June 25, 2012, 02:34:04 AM
Woah woah woah and elderscrolls games are?
When putting words in my mouth, be prepared to provide backup.

Where did I compare StarCraft to Elder Scrolls? Which StarCraft games did I compare to which Elder Scrolls games? Quotes please.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Quote from: Asmodean on June 25, 2012, 02:37:53 AM
Quote from: Crow on June 25, 2012, 02:34:04 AM
Woah woah woah and elderscrolls games are?
When putting words in my mouth, be prepared to provide backup.

Where did I compare StarCraft to Elder Scrolls? Which StarCraft games did I compare to which Elder Scrolls games? Quotes please.

You didn't, plus that's not putting words in your mouth, that me asking you a question.

A good while back you declared your enjoyment of the Oblivion and Skyrim, and they aren't exactly the prettiest of games either but I am sure that doesn't get in the way of your enjoyment and can look past the downfalls, especially when you look at Oblivion that's awful graphically and aesthetically, Skyrim's scenery can look amazing (far less on consoles) at times but the animation is still clunky and awkward and character models are just bad.
Retired member.

Asmodean

Elder Scrolls are not pretty, and the replay value is rather low, but it did take me longer to grow bored of them. Those are completely different games from StarCraft though and, as such, I would hesitate to compare them.

I can, however, compare StarCraft to C&C games, DR vs. AK, Age of Mythology and the like. On that scale, StarCraft games place well below the average, as do WarCraft games.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Just finished Season 1 of The Walking Dead, and watched the first episode of Season 2. I'm strangely addicted to this show.  ;D

No spoilers, please, but... wow, I just can't stop watching it.  :D

And totally different subject --

Ali, I love that nail polish!  :) It's very cool! After seeing your feet though, I think I probably have weird feet. I have short little toes!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Haha, probably I am the one with the weird feet.  I admit that I have long monkey toes!  ;D

Siz

Just wanted to share the suffering:

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that can stay with you all day.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

cncracer

I have something which makes no sense, but seems to work. I have suffered from night leg cramps for years. Never a night could pass where I did not wake with a cramp in my calf, foot or upper leg. Most nights I would have to get up and walk around the room to get things back to a relaxed state and most days my leg would hurt from the cramps the night before.  I was told by one of my Mother Earth News friends to place a new bar of soap under the covers at the foot of my bed and they would stop. I laughed, but having tried everything else I thought why not. I took a bar of Dove still in its box, opened the top and put the box with the soap still in it under the contour sheet at the foot of my bed. That was three weeks ago. I have not had one cramp in three weeks. I have tried to think of any reason why it works. I was hoping to find something that changes the charge on my skin, or the addition of oxygen under the covers. No luck on finding a logical answer yet, and fear it may be me playing a mind game on myself LOL, but as long as it is working I don't care. I now have two boxes tucked in the back overhang of our bed; one on my wife's side, one on mine. I am cramp free still. The person who told me about it said when it quits working just change the soap. They have been using it for years. Have any other people heard of this?   

Ali

Reminds me of that scene in Gone with the Wind when Prissy puts the knife under the bed when Miss Melly is having the baby because "Mama says it cuts the pain in half."   :D

However, I am also a big believer in "If it works, it works."  So if having a bar of soap tucked into your bed keeps you from having leg cramps, I say keep it up.  Charlie Horses are agonizing.  I used to get them on a fairly regular basis when I was a kid, and still get them every so often as an adult.  If the bar of soap trick ever fails you and you do get a Charlie Horse, bend your feet and toes up, that should immediately release the cramp.  Just don't get confused and point your toes down (like I usually do) because that makes it even worse.