Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on May 04, 2012, 08:39:45 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 04, 2012, 08:36:26 PM
I saw a lot of them fly through in the fall, but I haven't seen any since then  :( I haven't lived in Ottawa for a Summer yet, so they might come back. I will practice my Geese ninja moves just in case. I'll let you know if it works on the cats.  ;D

Definitely.  And have the husband film it too.  ;D

Apparently the ducks and geese are fond of hanging out along the Rideau Canal in the summer. Considering the amount of boats, tourists etc, it's a wonder they don't fly off!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on May 04, 2012, 09:43:01 PM
I saw a lot of them fly through in the fall, but I haven't seen any since then  :( I haven't lived in Ottawa for a Summer yet, so they might come back. I will practice my Geese ninja moves just in case. I'll let you know if it works on the cats.  ;D

Apparently the ducks and geese are fond of hanging out along the Rideau Canal in the summer. Considering the amount of boats, tourists etc, it's a wonder they don't fly off!
Humans equal bread!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Amicale on May 04, 2012, 09:43:01 PM

I'm a bad Ottawan, I'm never near the canal.  :P
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

I know i just started my job, but i am too anti social to deal with people on a daily basis. To approach them, and sometimes they are so rude for no reason.

I know the japanese cafe i frequent is hiring. I think i'll apply soon. My japanese is good enough.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 04, 2012, 08:36:26 PMI will practice my Geese ninja moves just in case. I'll let you know if it works on the cats.  ;D

NO, NO, NOooooooooo.
They'll think you're food!
Why do you think you don't see any geese about?

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 05, 2012, 02:06:22 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 04, 2012, 08:36:26 PMI will practice my Geese ninja moves just in case. I'll let you know if it works on the cats.  ;D

NO, NO, NOooooooooo.
They'll think you're food!
Why do you think you don't see any geese about?

hhhauulp mmuu*

*muffled response from Kitty's upper GI
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 05, 2012, 02:19:36 AM

hhhauulp mmuu*

*muffled response from Kitty's upper GI

Alas D'Juliet has been consumed by her cat.
And yet perhaps 'tis better this way.
Better than to see her pawed by that damnable Yoda.

Amicale

My mind's on my mind. Why it's not working correctly, why I feel a million miles away but can hear non-real things closer. Why it comes out of the blue after weeks of being gone, and I'm wondering what brought this on. It's not fun. As always I'll suck it up and battle through it but I'd love to have a predictable head, last thing I need's this when I'm trying to work, live my life, etc. I don't even feel like it's really me posting this. I'm just trying to explain how odd it is, though.  :-\

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Amicale on May 05, 2012, 05:17:28 AMI'm just trying to explain how odd it is, though.  :-\

Oh no, you're not going away again?  :(

OldGit

Crow

Who knew you could pull the muscle behind your nipple.
Retired member.

OldGit

Quote from: SweetdeathI know i just started my job, but i am too anti social to deal with people on a daily basis. To approach them, and sometimes they are so rude for no reason.
I know the japanese cafe i frequent is hiring. I think i'll apply soon. My japanese is good enough.

Good luck, SD.  Your Japanese is that good, eh? Wow!

Ali

(((Amicale)))  Hang in there sweetheart.  PM me or call me if you need to talk.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: OldGit on May 05, 2012, 12:42:10 PM
Quote from: SweetdeathI know i just started my job, but i am too anti social to deal with people on a daily basis. To approach them, and sometimes they are so rude for no reason.

Good luck, SD.  Your Japanese is that good, eh? Wow!

It's basic, i swear xD they just like people to know a little japanese to apply there.

Thanks , Ali!!
I just dont get people not wanting to do a 2-3 min survey so i can get paid xP we arent even selling them anything.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 05, 2012, 06:44:38 PM
Thanks , Ali!!
I just dont get people not wanting to do a 2-3 min survey so i can get paid xP we arent even selling them anything.

You may not be selling but you're costing 2-3 minutes.

It's been so boring around here.