News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: el_presidente on April 13, 2012, 05:26:07 AM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 12, 2012, 01:38:21 PM

;D

As for what's on my mind today, I hate group projects.  Hate them. 

I do too. I never really had to deal with them with my undergrad, but there's some collaboration with the program I'm doing now. We have "peer reviewers" but mine sucks. She never send me ANYTHING on time.  >:(
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 13, 2012, 05:15:39 AM

QuoteWell, I saw Uncle John with bald head Sally
He saw Aunt Mary comin' and he ducked back in the alley

To cryptic probably.

Awwwww!  I love the Duckie spoon!  Who is it for?

Sweetdeath

Why do some people fucking bother wearing headphones if their music is blasting so loud, i can hear every word two seats away?? >___<  fuck public transportation.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: The Ali on April 13, 2012, 04:22:00 PM

To cryptic probably.

Awwwww!  I love the Duckie spoon!  Who is it for?

Ducks, the back of a duck, they seem to be associated with "the alley".
Well maybe not for normal people but I like ducks.
I don't know if you pronounce Ali to sound like alley.

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 14, 2012, 01:52:10 AM
Quote from: The Ali on April 13, 2012, 04:22:00 PM

To cryptic probably.

Awwwww!  I love the Duckie spoon!  Who is it for?

Ducks, the back of a duck, they seem to be associated with "the alley".
Well maybe not for normal people but I like ducks.
I don't know if you pronounce Ali to sound like alley.

Thank you!!!!!  I love it!!!!!

Yes, Ali and Alley are pronounced the same.  

ETA:  Hahaha, I just got it.  He ducked back in the alley!  LMAO

Sorry, I am slow.  :D

DeterminedJuliet

I've gotten some more freelance writing work!  ;D Oh my, working from home in my jammies is so much nicer than having to go into an office. I could get used to this.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

That's awesome DJ.  Are you allowed to tell us what you're writing about?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 14, 2012, 03:45:09 PM
I've gotten some more freelance writing work!  ;D Oh my, working from home in my jammies is so much nicer than having to go into an office. I could get used to this.

Ye OK but it's not just jammies for us is it?
You are still going to do the Valkyrie thing aren't you?

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: The Ali on April 14, 2012, 03:50:27 PM
That's awesome DJ.  Are you allowed to tell us what you're writing about?

I'm doing some course content/editing for a company that offers mortgage license preparation. I also wrote a beauty article the other day for a wellness website (haha!). I've been writing non-professionally for ages, but I've started polishing up my portfolio and putting some effort into getting out there and it's starting to pay off.  ;D It's kinda nice.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 14, 2012, 04:14:38 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 14, 2012, 03:45:09 PM

Ye OK but it's not just jammies for us is it?
You are still going to do the Valkyrie thing aren't you?

Okay, I know the Puddin' must be cryptic, but this seems extra cryptic? Valkyrie?

Buddy

Just put Vinnie up for sale. I have been having a lot of behavioral issues with him in the past couple of months that we or any trainers in our area or the vet can figure out why. He's starting to become to much for me to handle. I think when we get him sold I'm going to switch from quarter horses to miniatures. I showed minis a few years back and I really enjoyed it.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 14, 2012, 07:14:00 PM
Okay, I know the Puddin' must be cryptic, but this seems extra cryptic? Valkyrie?

It is isn't it, I don't think I recall what I was thinking.
A plan to kill Hitler or an opera perhaps?
An opera with you as a Valkyrie tasked with the task to kill Hitler because Tom Cruise couldn't do it!
I think we'll have to wait for Amicale to return though, Valkyries shouldn't work alone.
I'm sure it'd be easy to work the Titanic into it.

Budhorse could help, she's good with horses.
Or she used to be, her horse seems to be shrinking...

I'm not going to change that tasked with the task thing.

Quote from: The Ali on April 14, 2012, 02:23:29 AM

Yes, Ali and Alley are pronounced the same.  

ETA:  Hahaha, I just got it.  He ducked back in the alley!  LMAO

Sorry, I am slow.  :D

Good, otherwise I could have done a bee or a butterfly but butterflies don't really float that well.  They just get soggy and flop about for a while, feed a fish maybe.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 15, 2012, 01:32:23 AMI think when we get him sold I'm going to switch from quarter horses to miniatures. I showed minis a few years back and I really enjoyed it.

Good I don't trust those big horses.
A couple of those little horses and a cart would be more my speed.

Or donkeys?

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 15, 2012, 04:41:35 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 15, 2012, 01:32:23 AMI think when we get him sold I'm going to switch from quarter horses to miniatures. I showed minis a few years back and I really enjoyed it.

Good I don't trust those big horses.
A couple of those little horses and a cart would be more my speed.

Or donkeys?

Donkeys are OK, but I have a preference for horses. The little gelding in my new picture was the sweetest little horse that I have ever met. His name is Tiny Trotter's Honor, but his barn name is Buddy. (This is where I got Budhorse from.  ;D)

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 15, 2012, 04:50:35 AM
Donkeys are OK, but I have a preference for horses. The little gelding in my new picture was the sweetest little horse that I have ever met. His name is Tiny Trotter's Honor, but his barn name is Buddy. (This is where I got Budhorse from.  ;D)

They are cute, I like the one in the Awww you loose thread, I think I lost to it.