News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 09, 2012, 05:43:51 PM
I have a pet rat now, but as a kid , I had three!!.
Asmo and the tiny Small One approve.  :D

QuoteAnd let me tell you, their nails get long.
No shit... They know how to use those for maximum effect too.  ;D

QuoteI played rough amd came to school with red marks on my back, arms and neck. They called my mom in to principle's office abd asked how my home life was. My mom was pissed off at them. Oooh, grade school drama.
Did they even bother asking you how your home life was before getting your mother there for nothing?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

Hard cheese, Budhorse!  I suggest joining the Pastafarians and dressing in Pyrit gear until it heals.

history_geek

On a complected different note, Tank, that is not a Leman Russ Conqueror. This is:

Or:

Yours is just a normal Leman Russ ;D The difference is in the cannon. A normal Russ has a standard issue Battle cannon, while the Conqueror takes its name from the cannon variant, that actually is a shortened and less powerful version of the Battle cannon, though it can be fired more rapidly thanks to smaller recoil.

/40k nerd

And now, for something completely different. I have no idea what, but I'm sure you lot will think of something :P Off to bed ---->
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Amicale

Feeling miserable. Nose leaking like a faucet (now there's an image for you), eyes red and watering, coughing my guts out (another beautiful image), hair askew, face splotchy, just feeling like utter shite. Anyone want to think of a creative way to half kill me so I can jump in a hole and let nature finish me off?  :P

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

Quote from: Amicale on April 09, 2012, 11:55:21 PM
Feeling miserable. Nose leaking like a faucet (now there's an image for you), eyes red and watering, coughing my guts out (another beautiful image), hair askew, face splotchy, just feeling like utter shite. Anyone want to think of a creative way to half kill me so I can jump in a hole and let nature finish me off?  :P

Whisky. Cures everything.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Guardian85 on April 10, 2012, 12:25:49 AM

Yup.  That's what my Granny gave to my Dad and aunts when they were sick as kids (and why my Dad didn't let her take care of my brother and I when we were sick).

I usually just make a cocoon of my bed and stay in there with a supply of bottled water and fresh fruit until its over.  With a kid, however, your options are considerably more limited unless a friend or relative can take care of her while you recoup.  This is where extended families who all live together come in so handy.

My fingers are crossed that this isn't that monster cold that was going around a few month ago.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Amicale

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 10, 2012, 02:29:04 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on April 10, 2012, 12:25:49 AM

Yup.  That's what my Granny gave to my Dad and aunts when they were sick as kids (and why my Dad didn't let her take care of my brother and I when we were sick).

I usually just make a cocoon of my bed and stay in there with a supply of bottled water and fresh fruit until its over.  With a kid, however, your options are considerably more limited unless a friend or relative can take care of her while you recoup.  This is where extended families who all live together come in so handy.

My fingers are crossed that this isn't that monster cold that was going around a few month ago.

Eh, whisky or any other type of alcohol would knock me for a loop, it doesn't get along well at all with medication I'm on, so I don't drink alcohol.

I have a nice pot of tea, though. :) And a kleenex box.

I'm really fortunate on the extended family thing. We're temporarily staying with my mom for a few different reasons, so she's often around, and my daughter's dad lives very close by so he popped by and looked after her today while I took a nap. I think this'll pass fine, it's just a regular cold but I was feeling miserable earlier. Nap helped some, and the kiddo mercifully goes off to sleep by 8:30 most nights.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Jimmy

Yuck! Hope you feel better Amicale!
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

Jimmy

O double F I C I A double L Y on Vacation!! WHAHOO!! Lots to do this week! I'll try to include more posts! Gotta work toward that millennial post! I REALLY want a spoon!
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

Amicale

Quote from: Jimmy on April 10, 2012, 04:09:46 AM
O double F I C I A double L Y on Vacation!! WHAHOO!! Lots to do this week! I'll try to include more posts! Gotta work toward that millennial post! I REALLY want a spoon!

Thanks for the well wishes, Jimmy!

And until you get your OFFICIAL spoon, hang in there, have fun posting and feel free to use one of these happy spoons!

Jimmy

Quote from: Amicale on April 10, 2012, 04:28:28 AM
Quote from: Jimmy on April 10, 2012, 04:09:46 AM

Thanks for the well wishes, Jimmy!

And until you get your OFFICIAL spoon, hang in there, have fun posting and feel free to use one of these happy spoons!

Thanks!! The one in the middle looks just like me!!  ;) You can save the rest of them for some chicken noodle soup!

Sweetdeath

My grandfather (mom's father) died last night. He was devastated over the loss of my mother, so...
He was in hospital for over a month.
What a crappy year..
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Jimmy

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 10, 2012, 05:11:08 AM
My grandfather (mom's father) died last night. He was devastated over the loss of my mother, so...
What a crappy year..

My sympathies for your loss.

Amicale

What a crappy year..

I'm so sorry, hon. *big huge hugs*

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Amicale on April 10, 2012, 05:27:42 AM
What a crappy year..

I'm so sorry, hon. *big huge hugs*

I'm okay. I only met him once ever, when he visited my mom at the hospice. It's just sad cuz he looked tormented after my mom died. Can people die from a "broken  heart"?
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.