News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on February 23, 2012, 09:40:31 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on February 23, 2012, 09:24:14 AM
Quote from: Tank on February 23, 2012, 07:46:31 AM
Quote from: Traveler on February 22, 2012, 11:34:57 PM
I've been slammed with a nasty head cold. Bleh. :(

Drink some scotch and take a nap. Works wonders for head colds.
Works for colds, but induces aches.

Well, all medicine has side effects...

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 23, 2012, 10:09:26 AM
Well, all medicine has side effects...
Have not noticed any with my most recent antidep.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

5:18 am here. Been up most of the night for 2 reasons: my insomnia/head issues suck and I hate them... and my daughter has the flu, apparently. Or some kinda bug that involves a temperature, stomach issues, chills and a cough. Tis the season...

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

Quote from: Amicale on February 23, 2012, 10:21:05 AM
5:18 am here. Been up most of the night for 2 reasons: my insomnia/head issues suck and I hate them... and my daughter has the flu, apparently. Or some kinda bug that involves a temperature, stomach issues, chills and a cough. Tis the season...

Scotch cures insomnia and quite a few head issues,too.
Minor side effects might appear with overdosing.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Ohhhhhhh. I have been up since 4 am with a stomach bug.  And I have 4 important conference calls that I really can't miss today.  Working from home, but considering dying instead.   :'(

EDIT:  Ended up canceling calls and calling in sick instead.  I didn't think I could last an hour without having to excuse myself, so it's probably better. 

Still, somebody kill me now.

And I am being a most excellent mom today too.  I"m like "Watch TV, whatever, just please let me throw up in peace."  I would have taken him to daycare so I can lay in bed and moan properly, but on top of everything we are having a snow storm and I didn't want to drive in the storm while potentially having to make periodic stops. 

I'm a real sad sack at the moment. 

En_Route

Last night I dreamt that I spanked several ladies from this forum for ongoing failure to wear garter belts. I can only apologise.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Guardian85

Quote from: En_Route on February 23, 2012, 04:04:32 PM
Last night I dreamt that I spanked several ladies from this forum for ongoing failure to wear garter belts. I can only apologise.

Now there's a thought...  ::)

-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Ali on February 23, 2012, 02:51:46 PM
Ohhhhhhh. I have been up since 4 am with a stomach bug.  And I have 4 important conference calls that I really can't miss today.  Working from home, but considering dying instead.   :'(

EDIT:  Ended up canceling calls and calling in sick instead.  I didn't think I could last an hour without having to excuse myself, so it's probably better. 

And I am being a most excellent mom today too.  I"m like "Watch TV, whatever, just please let me throw up in peace."  I would have taken him to daycare so I can lay in bed and moan properly, but on top of everything we are having a snow storm and I didn't want to drive in the storm while potentially having to make periodic stops. 

Oh dear oh dear oh dear! I hope you feel better soon!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 23, 2012, 04:32:17 PM

Aint that the truth! Sacrifice some more dirt to The Asmo, will you?  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on February 23, 2012, 04:44:42 PM

Oh dear oh dear oh dear! I hope you feel better soon!

*Hugs* Yikes! Feel better soon!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

En_Route

A rummy tummy does put you out for the count. At least if treated with due respect and the  condign potions, they do pass relatively swiftly.

En_Route

Less a thought,more an obsession...

Amicale

Quote from: En_Route on February 23, 2012, 06:34:16 PM

Now there's a thought...  ::)

Less a thought,more an obsession...

Edit: never mind. I haz teh dumbs today. In my tired slightly messed up head, I equated 'garter belt' with 'girdle'.  :D

The Magic Pudding

That's not fair, my dreams are always boring or stupid.
Maybe spicier food would help.

fester30

Wow so I had a scare today.  I came to the site, and it said sorry, Fester30, you are a spammer.  You are banned from the forums.  Please do not return.

It took a while to realize it is probably because I was at an open wifi connection and using Hotspot Shield to make sure people couldn't hack my computer.