News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

I was drunk the other day, and I was thinking about religion. Only then, I could understand why people really believe there is an afterlife. While drunk, I escaped reality and realized that I also wished there was an after life so that I could see my husband again after he or I die because I love him very much, he is my best friend and after 10 years we are still very much in love. (Yes, atheist know how to love too.) I can see how people force themselves to believe this to make death more tolerable.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

not your typical...

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on November 13, 2011, 12:05:49 AM
Well it's a life of unnatural footwear and pain for you.
I need the inch so I can wear heels. If I don't get that inch, I'll be stuck dating a 5'9-5'11 guy whereas I want a 6'-6'5" guy... Without that inch, I'm ruined. :P
And Tank, yesterday, I found out what the warning was for. I told myself that I wasn't going to run the 5k my church was doing, I was just going to man the water station.... Then a chipper cute guy decided to smooth talk me into it and beat my time by almost 20 minutes... The pain, agonizing pain! >:( But on the bright side, I look like I dropped 5lbs. I HAVE CURVES NOT ROLLS! ;D
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Buddy

Got back from the reptile expo. That was pretty fun. I got a few things for the Hermanator and Thea. Including a Dubia roach colony that I have been wanting for months. No more smelly, chirpy crickets!  ;D. Also got Herman a pinky mouse. Boy did he like that. I have never seen that lizard look so proud of himself.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

The Magic Pudding

Barack Obama is going to Darwin and meeting with Atheist leaders.
Surely this hasn't gone unnoticed by those who track Satan's influence on Earth.
B52s and US marines are going to be based there.

QuoteOn 9 September 1839, HMS Beagle sailed into Darwin harbour during its surveying of the area. John Clements Wickham named the region "Port Darwin" in honour of their former shipmate Charles Darwin, who had sailed with them on the ship's previous voyage which had ended in October 1836. The settlement there became the town of Palmerston in 1869, and was renamed Darwin in 1911.

That's kind of interesting, the harbour named long before Darwin released his great work and his name extended to include the town after his death.

Recusant

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on November 17, 2011, 12:14:47 AMBarack Obama is going to Darwin and meeting with Atheist leaders.
Surely this hasn't gone unnoticed by those who track Satan's influence on Earth.
B52s and US marines are going to be based there.

QuoteOn 9 September 1839, HMS Beagle sailed into Darwin harbour during its surveying of the area. John Clements Wickham named the region "Port Darwin" in honour of their former shipmate Charles Darwin, who had sailed with them on the ship's previous voyage which had ended in October 1836. The settlement there became the town of Palmerston in 1869, and was renamed Darwin in 1911.

That's kind of interesting, the harbour named long before Darwin released his great work and his name extended to include the town after his death.

Cool! Thanks for that, Magic Pudding.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Buddy

Well, today is my 16th birthday, and I'm currently celebrating it in bed with a concussion. How wonderful...  :-\
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 18, 2011, 04:29:24 PM
Well, today is my 16th birthday, and I'm currently celebrating it in bed with a concussion. How wonderful...  :-\
Happy Birthday sproutling!

I assume you took a tumble from your horse?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 04:44:05 PM

Thanks. No, I was turning out a friend's horse in the field and he turned and kicked me in the back which sent me headfirst into the fence. I have a perfect hoof shaped bruise on my back though, maybe I'll get it turned into a tattoo before it fades  :D

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 18, 2011, 05:36:49 PM
Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 04:44:05 PM

Thanks. No, I was turning out a friend's horse in the field and he turned and kicked me in the back which sent me headfirst into the fence. I have a perfect hoof shaped bruise on my back though, maybe I'll get it turned into a tattoo before it fades  :D
Horses; just enough brains to be dangerous!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 07:10:53 PM
Is not their brains that we lumps of clay worry about... Seems like every time I am around horses, they crap. And then they kick the crap around. And I ALWAYS happen to be right behind 'em when that happens.  >:(

That, and they have teeth. Many teeth.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on November 18, 2011, 09:08:11 PM
Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 07:10:53 PM
Is not their brains that we lumps of clay worry about... Seems like every time I am around horses, they crap. And then they kick the crap around. And I ALWAYS happen to be right behind 'em when that happens.  >:(

That, and they have teeth. Many teeth.
I once had a horse fart in my face blowing small pieces of horse poo into my eyes and mouth  >:(

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 09:19:29 PM
I once had a horse fart in my face blowing small pieces of horse poo into my eyes and mouth  >:(
See! You see?!

Whaddiditellya?! Vicious creatures.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on November 18, 2011, 09:21:56 PM
Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 09:19:29 PM
See! You see?!

Whaddiditellya?! Vicious creatures.  >:(

Okay, I have to admit, that is pretty gross. But about the whole  stepping in it thing, you get used to it after a while  ;)

The Magic Pudding

Aren't you guys taught the gun is always loaded and the horse always kicks?
OK so kicking isn't always the problem, but the gist of it is don't trust them.

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on November 19, 2011, 02:52:26 AM
Aren't you guys taught the gun is always loaded and the horse always kicks?
OK so kicking isn't always the problem, but the gist of it is don't trust them.

I really have never trusted this horse, but he was facing me when I let him loose. I was taught to always face the horse towards the gate before you let them loose. I turned to let myself out the gate and he whipped around before I could do anything. I knew he was a kicker, but I tried to keep myself safe. I think it was just something that I couldn't have done anything to prevent it.  :-\