News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medusa

At almost 3am alots on my mind...
~I can't believe I cried to Anna and the King on Netflix.
~Oh man we were so busy tonight. But I made bank on tips!
~Last night of diet soda and sugary treats for a whole month. I'm participating in Ramadan to support the fiance. I can't fast due to being Diabetic, so this is my concession. (along with being nice and giving to charity)
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

MariaEvri

I'm thinking that ok, yes I understand my car is silent
BUT
the A/C is NOT silent, it humms like a maniac. and also, there's a x-tonne machine crawling just centimiters behind you HOW CAN YOU NOT NOTICE
It's funny sometimes but most of the times it's annoying
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

hismikeness

I'm moving today. Throughout the whole week, the wife has been packing boxes while I was at work (she's a teacher, off for the summer, though still busy with CE classes, volleyball practice, family visits, etc) and she has been a total rock star. Most everything is packed in boxes, she didn't pack books in the largest most awkward box she could find to where even I can't lift it. She really did a great job. Unfortunately, as moving can do, it stressed me out and I made some comments that made me sound like a total douche, so I had to backtrack and apologize a bunch this week.  :(

So now, it's my turn. I have to load the moving truck and then unload it at the new place. She has a family obligation out of town, so she's leaving this morning so I can work at my own pace. My goal is to get everything out, except the pictures on the wall. Then, she will get those and clean the place on Tuesday when she gets back.

Moving sucks the big one, but it sure does make it nice when my little bro helps (ihateyoumike) because he and I are the same height. When you're 6'6" like we are, moving with shorter people is tough trying to move big pieces of furniture and such.

But... the job begins!
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Hidelight

I am trying to reconcile with the fact I have to get off my ass...go to work...make money so we can pay bills and buy stuff.

A cycle I wish it would vary!

Tank

Quote from: Hidelight on August 01, 2011, 02:26:48 PM
I am trying to reconcile with the fact I have to get off my ass...go to work...make money so we can pay bills and buy stuff.

A cycle I wish it would vary!
Don't we all! But preferably because we have sufficient funds to render work an SEP (Somebody Elses Problem).
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

So, I bought alcohol today. I don't drink alcohol, I just bought it because I can. They didn't ask me for ID though. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing...
The world's what you create.

Tank

Quote from: Cecilie on August 01, 2011, 05:05:46 PM
So, I bought alcohol today. I don't drink alcohol, I just bought it because I can. They didn't ask me for ID though. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing...
You can use it to clean things with if you don't want to drink it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

Quote from: Tank on August 01, 2011, 05:13:12 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on August 01, 2011, 05:05:46 PM
You can use it to clean things with if you don't want to drink it.
I see. Well, thanks for the advice. :P
The world's what you create.

Medusa

I just trolled a troll on my other forum. Tee hee.

Medusa

Watching the start of the Mubarak trials in Egypt. He could indeed get the death penalty!

OldGit

Yes, they've thrown him to the wolves, but I heard one BBC analyst this morning suggest that the army won't let him appear in person to be humiliated, and that's what his 'illness' is all about.

I wonder just how much is really going to change over there.  It may end up with business as usual, under new management.

Medusa

Quote from: OldGit on August 03, 2011, 09:54:37 AM
Yes, they've thrown him to the wolves, but I heard one BBC analyst this morning suggest that the army won't let him appear in person to be humiliated, and that's what his 'illness' is all about.

I wonder just how much is really going to change over there.  It may end up with business as usual, under new management.
He's there in person all right. With his two sons inside a cage of sorts. I'm watching a live stream on here:
http://www.ontveg.com/Streaming.aspx

Sadly you will have to get your own Egyptian to translate. I got mine right here telling me what's going on. Oh they even have a female lawyer! This is just the preliminary with the lawyers representing the victims.

EDIT. Found the Translated version
http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

DeterminedJuliet

Watching the "The Royal St. John's Regatta".
I think I'll head down to watch it in person in a bit.
Lazy day.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Hidelight

Pruning the grapes that have tangled my fig tree and how I actually have to get off my ass in order to accomplish this massive task

Sweetdeath

Really want to go to dunkin dounuts to get ice cream ..but that requires putting on pants. :/
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.