News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Maybe your icon graduated to full on ninja.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dark Lightning

I see no one but I don't see you, Buddy. No avatar.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on December 16, 2019, 07:30:16 PM
Is my icon visible? I can see it on my work computer but not my phone

Not for me. It's probably cached on your computer from before the last outage.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

The kimora is on my mind today. It's a shoulder lock that I'm starting to see everywhere. Not just at class either. Aggressively standing akimbo? I see the kimora. It's weirdly satisfying.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on December 16, 2019, 10:24:28 PM
The kimora is on my mind today. It's a shoulder lock that I'm starting to see everywhere. Not just at class either. Aggressively standing akimbo? I see the kimora. It's weirdly satisfying.

Been there, done that, but we didn't call it kimura back then. You are right: it is very satisfying.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Is that like the Tetris Effect but with Jiu-Jitsu? :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

So...I packed up my things and went to the beach to get away from the lab for a while. Just two days -- I'll be returning after lunch today.

:hammock:

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 19, 2019, 12:48:40 PM

Possibly.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

We Americans complain a lot about our health care industry. As well we should or at least we believe that we should.

I live in the same Cul De Sac as doctor "A".  He is an ER doc at a large hospital in my city. .  He is a nice guy, with a lovely wife, but sometimes he is oddly aloof.  Take a look at this account of what happens and is continually happening in our most urgent care facilities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/16/health/emergency-room-medicine.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab.

I think that I will now cut him some slack and apply a bit more sympathy too. 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on December 19, 2019, 03:22:43 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 19, 2019, 12:48:40 PM

Possibly.

Cool. :grin:

Buddy

Flirting with customers is all fun and games until you catch feelings for one.

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Better a customer than a coworker.

Buddy

100% true. I'll never make that mistake again

billy rubin

i made that mistake too

now i have five kids

set the function, not the mechanism.