News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Interview the person below you.

Started by Tank, March 22, 2011, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leedan

Q: What do you think is the most valuable thing in the universe?  (You mqay take 'value' to be objective or subjective. :D)

[/quote]
A: the truth

Tank

Quote from: leedan on June 20, 2011, 03:55:19 AM

Q: What do you think is the most valuable thing in the universe?  (You mqay take 'value' to be objective or subjective. :D)

A: the truth

Now you need to ask question:)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

leedan

Tank

Quote from: leedan on June 20, 2011, 05:26:43 PM
That is why I'm here.

lol. You need to ask the next question. You answer one and the ask the next one (or roll over a good one that you like).  :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Cecilie

Q: Why do you think leedan didn't ask a question?
The world's what you create.

leedan

Leedan had a brainfart.
Q: Will you forgive me?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Cecilie on June 20, 2011, 09:10:49 PM
Q: Why do you think leedan didn't ask a question?

A: Because questions display more of the darkness on one's soul than answers do.

Q: Would you rather catch a fish and eat the fish or buy a fish and eat the fish.

hismikeness

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 21, 2011, 01:34:59 AM
Q: Would you rather catch a fish and eat the fish or buy a fish and eat the fish.

A: I would rather catch a fish and eat it. Even though fish meat is practically a vegetable, I like fishing because it's like yoga, but I still get to kill something.

Q: would you rather have a finger cut off or be blind in one eye?
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: hismikeness on June 21, 2011, 03:14:02 AM

A:  I'd rather have one of Mike's fingers cut of and keep my eyes, hey I'm selfish and always looking for loophole.
Q:  Q: would you rather have a finger cut off or be blind in one eye?

original_gender

A: I would rather lose the finger. I enjoy having depth perception.

Q: How does this video make you feel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnniorPnS2Y

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Shy

A. No. Buy an external storage device.

Q. Do you believe in other life forms in the universe?

Tank

Q. Do you believe in other life forms in the universe?

A: With a qualification of 'life' to include single celled micro-organisms I would be astonished if not only did it not exist but exist in considerable quantity. If one considers technologically capable creatures capable of abstract communication I would say probability of a few is again almost a certainty. But that would be because there are so many places such life could evolve. I do think that technologically advanced civilisations would be vanishingly rare, and our probability of ever discovering consequently minuscule, as our possibility of communication pretty much non-existent.

Q. How would you feel if we discovered a technologically advanced civilisation on another planet, but it was 200 light years away?

Aaron SF

Q. How would you feel if we discovered a technologically advanced civilisation on another planet, but it was 200 light years away?

A. That all depends on whether or not said civilization had the power to reach us.

In the spirit of the question, assuming it did not have the power to reach us, it would depend on whether or not they wanted to kill us. Advanced civilization who wants to liquify our monkey brains and I'm kind of ok with those 200 light years.

Q. Have you ever seen the Atheist Experience tv show, and if so what is your opinion of it?

Will

Quote from: Aaron SF on June 23, 2011, 09:31:02 AMQ. Have you ever seen the Atheist Experience tv show, and if so what is your opinion of it?
I have indeed! I think it's a brilliant way to put atheism out there in the world and demonstrate we're not evil or immoral (or amoral) or that we hate god or something. It also, I think, demonstrates to callers that they should question their perspectives a bit more often.

Philosopher John Rawls, in an attempt to determine the morality of a certain social issue, posited the thought experiment colloquially called the 'veil of ignorance'. Imagine that societal roles were randomly redistributed, but that you cannot see the ultimate consequence of this redistribution because you're behind a veil of ignorance, unable to see where you will end up. You don't know if you'll be born into health or disease, wealth or poverty, talent or normalcy. Based on this thought experiment, one can thus be given a new perspective on the morality of an issue, like slavery or welfare or education. I'd like you to walk through this thought experiment for a moment and see if your opinions or perception changes about the way the world works. In what way has your perception changed, if at all?
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.