News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Oh shit, we need to reconsider.

Started by SSY, November 19, 2009, 05:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSY

[youtube:2jejks4r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh3f5KfXXOo[/youtube:2jejks4r]

Guys, I think we all feel a little silly now, how could we have been bamboozled so long? First thing tomorrow, I'm off to church.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

karadan

It only took 10 minutes for me to go from antitheism to fundie christianity!

Praise the lord!

(Ok, i only watched the first minute before becoming critically bored - soz).
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

SSY

I thought this was worthy, because I was amazed at the low standards of dreck, even after watching a lot of this stuff. I can honestly say this is the worst I have ever seen, especially because of the reaction she seemed to be getting. I challenge the forum to show me a worse video on the subject.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it

karadan

Quote from: "SSY"I thought this was worthy, because I was amazed at the low standards of dreck, even after watching a lot of this stuff. I can honestly say this is the worst I have ever seen, especially because of the reaction she seemed to be getting. I challenge the forum to show me a worse video on the subject.

What about the one where Ray Comfort uses a banana to prove the existence of god? That one is pretty wacked out.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

LoneMateria

Quote from: "karadan"
Quote from: "SSY"I thought this was worthy, because I was amazed at the low standards of dreck, even after watching a lot of this stuff. I can honestly say this is the worst I have ever seen, especially because of the reaction she seemed to be getting. I challenge the forum to show me a worse video on the subject.

What about the one where Ray Comfort uses a banana to prove the existence of god? That one is pretty wacked out.

Ray Comfort actually confessed that it was a poor example.  Whats real funny though is that a banana is proof of evolution because ... we made it.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

SSY

[youtube:wof596qs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS_dBla3PqM[/youtube:wof596qs]

This guy probably thinks holes were made to exactly fit the puddles that they contain.

Forseti

i hate his arrogance. he thinks the world is just for human, that everything made for human. the WHOLE universe made for human. human is sacred beings.

i think why he hate evolution is because he just cant accept that he is actually an ape.
sorry for my broken english :)

knight

There's nothing "magical" about the Big Bang. It's quite scientific. And I love how Christians love to equate the Big Bang with evolution...except for the small fact that they are completely different.

roflol "It's just a story created by Charles Darwin." I stopped watching after she said that. I'd like to see some actual, legitimate, scientific inquiries regarding the Big Bang and evolution. Frankly, the whole "it's just so spectacular and mind-boggling so we won't even bother to try to consider that it happened that way, we'll just assume some magic man did it and call it a day" has gotten quite old.

But of course "Oh shit, I've never thought of it that way...my skeptical mind never once questioned Holy Darwin. How ever will I get out of my Church of Darwin ceremony this afternoon?"

Prometheus

Thats the sucky thing about us being so badly outnumbered and rational lol. All they feel required to do is present the same stale arguement they've been throwing at us for years and since most of the room won't bother questioning it they carry on like they've won the arguement. I'm still bothered by how rational these people claim to be when one can easily find and call them out on numerious fallacies mid speach. A secularist will generally feel obligated to either defend or retract a statement once it has been effectively countered. But the theists I've talked to just keep right on trucking and quikly raise some other distracting and typically irrellevant point to cover their tracks.
"There's a new, secret hazing process where each new member must track down and eliminate an old member before being granted full forum privileges.  10 posts is just a front.  Don't get too comfy, your day will come..."-PC

Ellainix

If you ask them any questions about any basic element of the theory, you will find they don't understand anything about what they argue against.
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

Reginus

Ok, so if this is a debate, where's the atheist?

Edit: Archaeopteryx no likey...

Haha "That's extremely impossible."
"The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill