Funny and Ironic anti-evolution pamphlet

Started by LoneMateria, October 10, 2009, 05:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneMateria

So I came across these.  A guy on reddit was given this 2 page pamphlet and he knew he had to scan it and show people.  Its hilarious and so ironic so I thought i'd share with everyone here.  I didn't know where to put it so I figured this would be a good section.  This is some churches stance against evolution and therefore its advocation of "Intelligent Design" or as I like to call it "Jesus don et".

Page 1
http://imgur.com/nu10A.jpg

Page 2
http://imgur.com/W3V3v.jpg
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

joeactor

ok... so, people actually believe this?

I mean, someone (Herb Grossman?) took the time to put this together, and I'm assuming that he and others pass it out.
Plus, they have a web site.

Just astounding.

joeactor

BTW, here's the site:
http://www.trashevolution.com/

it has the whole tract on it in text form (if you're so inclined)

... and be sure to contact Herb with your "questions, criticism, praise, and support" on his contact page...

LoneMateria

Lol its all such garbage.  I wonder who their target audience is with this.  Teens?  What makes them think they will change their mind over a small pamphlet?  Who is gullible enough to take these people seriously I wonder?
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.

Squid

Quote from: "joeactor"BTW, here's the site:
http://www.trashevolution.com/

it has the whole tract on it in text form (if you're so inclined)

... and be sure to contact Herb with your "questions, criticism, praise, and support" on his contact page...

Further showing that any idiot with internet access and the ability to download a WYSIWYG html editor can post any sort of rambling crap they want on the web and unfortunately, someone, somewhere will buy it wholeheartedly.

joeactor

Quote from: "Squid"Further showing that any idiot with internet access and the ability to download a WYSIWYG html editor can post any sort of rambling crap they want on the web and unfortunately, someone, somewhere will buy it wholeheartedly.

Also ironic that Science makes it possible (electricity, internet, computer, anonanonanon)...  Unless they think that technology is also spontaneously created...

LoneMateria

Maybe they should be forced to just pray and if these pamphlets magically appear by their god then they can distribute them.  Or better yet they need to make these using the most primitive computer available, they shouldn't be allowed to use an evolved computer.  Fuck them let them use an abacus to make these lol.

nikkmichalski

This simultaneously--and equally--disgusts me and humors me.
Ford: "It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford: "You ask a glass of water." -- Douglas Adams, H2G2
"'Why is it you never mentioned any of this before the plane crash?'...'I didn't think the time was ripe.' " [emphasis delightfully Vonnegut's] -- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-5

Reginus

roflol

I like the part that says "evolution encourages homosexuality" (which is obviously much worse than gluttony, greed, and thinking bad things about other people. I mean, just look in the Bible . . wait, uh oh, only 6 passages about it. I mean, just look at its negative effect on society . . . shit, it's unclear if there are any negative effects at all . . . well, uh, JESUS HATES FAGS!)
"The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

SSY

"Evolution will teach you to be superstitious

One definition of Superstition is "Faith in magic or chance""

"Don't debate the issue...... the victim -you- then thinks the conman knows best"

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES THINK FOR YOURSELF, REJECT FIRST AND THEN AK QUESTIONS LATER (when in heaven).
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

LoneMateria

To steal a quote, "Would a supreme being give us such large brains if he intended us to forgo their use?"  Apparently the people who made this pamphlet think so @.@

Loffler

"but since evolution has been emphasized in the last 50 years -- the teenage suicide rate in America has tripled -- while the rest of society's suicide rate has remained the same! Why?"

Ultima22689

Quote from: "Loffler""but since evolution has been emphasized in the last 50 years -- the teenage suicide rate in America has tripled -- while the rest of society's suicide rate has remained the same! Why?"

There are TONS of factors into teen suicide, there is no telling.

Loffler

Quote from: "Ultima22689"
Quote from: "Loffler""but since evolution has been emphasized in the last 50 years -- the teenage suicide rate in America has tripled -- while the rest of society's suicide rate has remained the same! Why?"

I love that quote. That's the funniest thing ever. He makes no attempt to connect the two.

Ultima22689

Quote from: "Loffler"
Quote from: "Ultima22689"

I love that quote. That's the funniest thing ever. He makes no attempt to connect the two.

OH! That's from the pamphlet! My bad, I thought you were actually stating that! Doh! XD