News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Hacking Your Mind

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, October 01, 2020, 09:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Watched a bit of Hacking Your Mind, a PBS special.  News Flash: we all influence each other.  They talked about a study where people were asked to decide about something and were given a statement like "this will make you healthier" or something like that. The statement that most influenced people's decisions was basically "most of your neighbors are doing this."  Logic does not drive most of our decisions.  Keeping up with the Joneses does.  So - who are your Joneses?  They are hacking your mind. 

Look at my watch.  You are getting sleepy now ......

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 01, 2020, 09:52:10 PM
Watched a bit of Hacking Your Mind, a PBS special.  News Flash: we all influence each other.  They talked about a study where people were asked to decide about something and were given a statement like "this will make you healthier" or something like that. The statement that most influenced people's decisions was basically "most of your neighbors are doing this."  Logic does not drive most of our decisions.  Keeping up with the Joneses does.  So - who are your Joneses?  They are hacking your mind. 

Look at my watch.  You are getting sleepy now ......

That sounds like a cool program, I'm going to try and find an available link.  :thumbsup:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 02, 2020, 05:11:52 PM
Here you go:

https://www.pbs.org/show/hacking-your-mind/

Think I'll do some jaywalking before it's too late! :lol: I wonder what being on the "blacklist" means?

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey