Happy Atheist Forum

well, my number two son has been busted

Dark Lightning

• Curmudgeon
Re: well, my number two son has been busted
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2020, 08:13:19 PM »
If you ever consider using cocaine, here's a picture for you. I don't remember where I saw it, and can't find it, I'll just have to describe it. Picture a low walled tank with lots of coca leaves in it. There's a bunch of people stomping on the leaves, which are immersed in some sort of solvent, in this case I think it was gasoline. The people were in there for hours, so the expectation is high that they defecated and urinated in it.  :o Since they aren't putting it up their noses, why would they care? I remember back in the '70s when I was driving a delivery truck and listening to talk radio. Some guy called in and was upset that probably not all the benzene has been rinsed out of the coke he had snorted, and that he might end up with cancer from it. I'm an empathetic person, and I did feel sorry for him. But then I realized that he put illicit narcotics up his nose, which, if improperly consumed, could make him dead right there. I lost a bit of empathy, right there.

Anne D.

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 01:31:05 AM »
Billy, I hope your son comes through the system relatively unscathed. Did you say they originally charged him with a felony? That is insane. I'm glad the cops who responded had a sense of humor. Not much of that with the cops around here.
I've been lucky with my own drug experimentation; there but for the grace of the universe go I. Only did acid once, but it was a lovely fun time with people there to watch over me. I wish I would've tried coke at least once when I was younger for the experience. If I tried it now, I think I'd probably have a heart attack.  :)
Re: Drug testing for jobs: Back when we lived in Austin, TX, my husband worked for a company that regularly drug tested at its branches elsewhere in the country, but they had given that up in Austin, where everyone smokes pot. Supposedly they wouldn't have had a workforce otherwise.

billy rubin

• humble azpirant to the throne3 of typos
  • i actually do not know what L√¶tusAtheos means
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2020, 08:56:51 PM »
hey anne thank you for the kind thoughts. he'll do fine. apparently his m,istakes were as much due to inexperience with hallucinogens as anything else. i have emphasized that street acid is NOT something you do by yourself, because you have no control over the composition.

the felony was burglary, i think, because he tried to push past the house residents through their front dor. so he has disorderly conduct (hollering he was god in the middle of the night) and reisting arrest (not lying down on the griound when he was told to). he's got another hearing in two weeks or so, and before then i've got to scrape up another grand to the attorneys for getting the felony dismissed.

my own past drug experience is fairly extensive, and i don't have any problems with drugs at all, if only the stuff were regulated. street drugs are the problem, not drugs in the absrtract. the american war on drugs has done nothing but make drug cartel owners into billionaires, and has made the US number one for incarcerated citizens in our for-profit prisons. i think that's wrong.

i would rather be ashes than dust