Happy Atheist Forum

Dreams

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • I Spy With My Googly Eyes...JOY!
Re: Dreams
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 10:42:54 PM »
I was this long-legged pale dog who ran frantically towards a run-down abandoned hangar in the middle of a ghost town to attend a rally of "The Resistance", a political group in opposition to the current quasi-fascist government. There was a strong sense of urgency as we all left the hangar to fight for our liberty and rights. I was a dog.

...Yeah. :deadpan:

Then all of a sudden I was a a princess living in a wooden cabin in the woods with a small group of people. :wtf: They were telling me what I should be doing and all their demands were driving me nuts. I forced myself t wake up.

I decided that was enough dreaming and went to wash the dishes at 6 in the morning.  :P

I lose myself infused in something more than what they've seen
I'm not a slave to greed
I don't embrace your make believe
I've never been for sale no matter what they think I need

Randy

• Learned everything from cartoons.
    • My Comic Books
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 01:05:04 AM »
Okay Silver no more mushrooms for you either.

I woke up from a two hour nap. I had just gotten home from chemotherapy and I hadn't slept much last night so I crashed. I had a dream but now I can't remember any of it.

Maybe you can write a quasi-military fairy-tale from yours. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

No one

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 01:31:10 AM »
Randy:

Can I have their share?

Asking for a friend.

Randy

• My Comic Books
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 01:43:25 AM »
Randy:

Can I have their share?

Asking for a friend.

There's no telling what dreams you'll have No One. I'd be interested to find out. Here, have some!
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2020, 01:36:45 AM »
:rofl: No shrooms were harmed in the making of my dreams. :P
I'm not a slave to greed

Sandra Craft

• Surprisingly OK
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2020, 08:50:42 AM »
I was this long-legged pale dog who ran frantically towards a run-down abandoned hangar in the middle of a ghost town to attend a rally of "The Resistance", a political group in opposition to the current quasi-fascist government. There was a strong sense of urgency as we all left the hangar to fight for our liberty and rights. I was a dog.

:lol:  Sounds like the plot for a family-friendly movie.

I dreamed once that I had antlers.  Not that I was a deer, mind you, I was still just me but with a small pair of antlers growing out of my forehead.  Another time I dreamed that I was running swiftly and gracefully thru the forest on all fours -- still very much human.  It was fun.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

billy rubin

• humble azpirant to the throne3 of typos
  • i actually do not know what LætusAtheos means
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2020, 10:51:32 AM »
obviously you were nordic in a previous life.

i would rather be ashes than dust

hermes2015

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2020, 01:22:38 PM »
I've been sleeping fitfully for a week now, not because of dreams, but more like visions or hallucinations of doing a big painting. The details of the subject matter are very clear in my mind and I even see the size: 2 m high by 3 m wide. I know what's going to happen: this is going to hound me until I am compelled do it. Is this a sign of mental disturbance, or inspiration, or both?
“Who is to say that pleasure is useless?”
― Charles Eames

Randy

• My Comic Books
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2020, 01:57:57 PM »
I think it is a sign of an artistic individual. Are you going to do it?

hermes2015

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2020, 02:15:11 PM »
I think it is a sign of an artistic individual. Are you going to do it?

I have certain interests and obsessions, but I don't know about being artistic. I will resist as long as possible, but probably will not be able to avoid doing it in the end. It won't be wasted — my ceilings are 3.3 m high and there are at least two 6 m walls available .
― Charles Eames

Randy

• My Comic Books
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2020, 04:42:12 PM »
How often do you have these hallucinations? Also, have you ever painted anything before?

hermes2015

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2020, 05:42:55 PM »
How often do you have these hallucinations? Also, have you ever painted anything before?

I used the word hallucinations, because I couldn't think of a better one. It's more an urge to do something that is so strong that I can almost feel myself doing it. I also have a very strong visual imagination, so I can imagine the end result down to fine details of colour and composition. Yes, I have been an amateur painter and sculptor for many years and have sold quite a few pieces.
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2020, 10:28:52 PM »

:lol:  Sounds like the plot for a family-friendly movie.

:lol: I hadn't thought of it that way!

I dreamed once that I had antlers.  Not that I was a deer, mind you, I was still just me but with a small pair of antlers growing out of my forehead.  Another time I dreamed that I was running swiftly and gracefully thru the forest on all fours -- still very much human.  It was fun.

Sounds both weird and fun.  ;D 

Oh great, I'm imagining a human being pronking around like an antelope now.

:grin:

I'm not a slave to greed

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2020, 10:41:38 PM »

I used the word hallucinations, because I couldn't think of a better one. It's more an urge to do something that is so strong that I can almost feel myself doing it. I also have a very strong visual imagination, so I can imagine the end result down to fine details of colour and composition. Yes, I have been an amateur painter and sculptor for many years and have sold quite a few pieces.

I know exactly what you're talking about! At least, I think I know.  ;D

A few months back I had a series of dreams where the urge to tattoo a small, curved fine-line fern leaf or a single feather just behind my right ear was so strong that I almost gave into the impulse. While dreaming it just made so much sense and felt so right...I was absolutely decided I was going to get it.

However, every time I woke up and the 'brain brakes' went online again, the impulse faded significantly. It was just an impulse -- a very strong urge -- to do something that probably isn't really a good idea. I thought it through and decided, probably not. It's probably not a good idea.

That was an urge for something that would have been permanent on my skin so I had to give it plenty of thought. Painting what you saw in your dream could be fun, if I were you I would give into the impulse and do it. :grin:
I'm not a slave to greed

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2020, 10:45:59 PM »
I've been sleeping fitfully for a week now, not because of dreams, but more like visions or hallucinations of doing a big painting. The details of the subject matter are very clear in my mind and I even see the size: 2 m high by 3 m wide. I know what's going to happen: this is going to hound me until I am compelled do it. Is this a sign of mental disturbance, or inspiration, or both?

Completely normal. :lol:

:secrets1: I like to call it: completely normal temporary dementia.

I could tell you a little more about what goes on in the brain while asleep that could cause these urges, but that would make it less mysterious. :grin:
I'm not a slave to greed