Happy Atheist Forum

Dominionists in the United States

Recusant

• Miscreant Erendrake
  • infidel barbarian
Re: Dominionists in the United States
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2021, 03:41:44 AM »
If this is an accurate accounting then we are in more trouble that we first imagined,,,,,,,,,

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/11/military-right-wing-extremism-457861

As the article mentioned, the Pentagon is aware of the issue and has taken measures to deal with it. About a year ago I spoke with a high-ranking officer in the Air Force and brought up the issue. He said basically the same thing. However, the lack of accurate data is certainly problematic, and I hope they're more proactive about it going forward.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

• The wise one.
Roaming around on you tube, I encountered this advertisement at several different places.  It is all about how badly we need concealed, quick draw, holsters for our pistols.  What the hell is my country coming to?

https://dinosaurized.com/pages/praetorian-shoulder-holster-yt?gclid=CjwKCAiAl4WABhAJEiwATUnEFyMrYtngbkYWiLLaibTIXYv7bz9SFakOGyd9vmf5P0ySCzvqV6-AXRoC3l4QAvD_BwE

Recusant

• Miscreant Erendrake
  • infidel barbarian
Re: Dominionists in the United States
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2021, 08:26:43 PM »
A minor setback for Christofascists. I think we can be sure that Pompeo's formulation won't be forgotten, though.

"Blinken rejects Pompeo’s human rights rankings in rollout of global report" | Politico

Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Tuesday rejected his predecessor’s efforts to create a ranking of human rights as he unveiled the State Department’s annual global report on the topic.

Blinken didn’t utter former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s name, but it was clear whom he was referring to when he said, “There is no hierarchy that makes some rights more important than others.”

During his time as the nation’s top diplomat, Pompeo set up the “Commission on Unalienable Rights,” which issued a report that helped him argue in favor of the notion that some rights are more important than others. In particular, Pompeo claimed that religious freedom and property rights were the “foremost” rights.

Many human rights scholars chided Pompeo, saying that having a hierarchy of rights could ultimately lead to efforts to erode the rights of certain groups, like women and LGBTQI people, by saying they simply mattered less.

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken