26 Questions for Atheists from a Class of 8th Graders . . . gird thine loins!

Started by Mr. IXTUS, January 17, 2019, 07:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Mr. IXTUS on January 18, 2019, 03:31:02 PM
Thank you all for your responses thus far!  I will compile these and present them to my students.  I will likely give them a writing assignment responding to your responses and eventually post those here.  I'm not sure what that turn around will be like, but stay tuned . . .

As a fellow Christian, please allow me to suggest that you would be better off accepting evolution and then simply saying that it was part of God's plan.  He programmed the world to evolve.  Evolution has no bearing on Jesus or the resurrection, which is where you should be focusing your efforts.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 21, 2019, 12:51:47 AM
Caliasseia should not be a "Padawan Learner".  He was one of the heavyweights on the Dawkins site. Beware the blue butterfly.
LOL. It's an automatic term based on post count :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Caliasseia

No need for special privileges. I am new to this forum, after all. :)

However, does anyone know what the character count limit is for a single post here? Only over at RatSkep, it's 75,000 characters. Though even that largesse didn't stop me having to post multiple part expositions ... :)
Bad ideas exist to be destroyed ...

Tank

Quote from: Caliasseia on January 21, 2019, 06:51:08 AM
No need for special privileges. I am new to this forum, after all. :)

However, does anyone know what the character count limit is for a single post here? Only over at RatSkep, it's 75,000 characters. Though even that largesse didn't stop me having to post multiple part expositions ... :)

There is no maximum limit.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Caliasseia

Bad ideas exist to be destroyed ...

Mr. IXTUS

ALL:
Well, sorry to say we are shutting down this project.  My administration was indeed aware of my posting here, however there has been a complaint to the school from a moderator.  Therefore they have asked me to pull the plug and I agree.  If it's going to cause a problem then it's not worth it.

I thank you for the answers you have given.  It is actually quite valuable and useful material to present to the students. I apologize to any who were expecting a response from me for the unfinished conversations. 

MODERATORS:
Please delete the "Mr. IXTUS" account, and this thread if you see a need.

joeactor

Quote from: Mr. IXTUS on January 22, 2019, 09:11:34 PM
ALL:
Well, sorry to say we are shutting down this project.  My administration was indeed aware of my posting here, however there has been a complaint to the school from a moderator.  Therefore they have asked me to pull the plug and I agree.  If it's going to cause a problem then it's not worth it.

I thank you for the answers you have given.  It is actually quite valuable and useful material to present to the students. I apologize to any who were expecting a response from me for the unfinished conversations. 

MODERATORS:

... An Inconvenient Truth?

Sandra Craft

My administration was indeed aware of my posting here, however there has been a complaint to the school from a moderator. 

Logic wasn't Mr. Ixtus' strong suit, was it?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

Icarus

Did one of our moderators complain to this guys school?  If so, please justify or explain the reasoning for said complaint.   I am admittedly naive about such things. Well maybe Ixtus is just trying to jerk our chain.....????

xSilverPhinx

Complaint? As far as I know, nobody complained about this thread or Mr. IXTUS to the school. The fact that Mr. IXTUS was posting questions and claiming it was for a school project was brought to their attention.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 22, 2019, 11:43:29 PM
My administration was indeed aware of my posting here, however there has been a complaint to the school from a moderator. 

Logic wasn't Mr. Ixtus' strong suite, was it?

Talk about twisting things to seem like the victim!  ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

ALL:

MODERATORS:

This thread will remain as our members have put a lot of thoughtful work into it.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 22, 2019, 11:49:22 PM
Is he saying a Moderator here complained to his school?

I did not complain to PVCS. I posted a link to this thread and stated that a person claiming to represent PVCS had turned up at HAF. While I personally don't like HAF being used as a research source for Christian apologists Mr.IXTUS didn't break any rules and so no complaint was made by me or any other member of staff as far as I am aware. I expect my posts on their Facebook page stirred up a few difficult questions.

Bluenose

Tank, I saw your post on their FB page and in no way could it be considered a complaint.  I thought the post was really enquiring whether the OP on this thread actually was operating with the imprimatur of the school.  I suspect he was not, but like many of his ilk when called out he acts the victim.  Oh, well...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett