Happy Atheist Forum

Reasons to be cheerful!

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • I Spy With My Googly Eyes...JOY!
Re: Reasons to be cheerful!
« Reply #4500 on: November 28, 2020, 06:59:30 PM »
Yesterday was Thanksgiving day for us here in the U.S. I thought of something that I'm truly thankful for. Actually, it is someone I'm thankful for. I don't know if any of you remember me mentioning Crystal in the past. We've kept in contact for several months now. Our friendship has blossomed into something extraordinary. I'm glad to have her in my life.

That's excellent news, Randy!

I lose myself infused in something more than what they've seen
I'm not a slave to greed
I don't embrace your make believe
I've never been for sale no matter what they think I need

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
« Reply #4501 on: November 28, 2020, 07:03:09 PM »
So I adopted a new puppy. It arrived last night. :grin: :love:

Spoiler: ShowHide

Her name is Joy.

One note to keep in mind: If she hasn't been spayed your vet may recommend spaying soon. That is not advisable, for the health of the dog. It's better to wait until after she's at least a year old. That means dealing with her first heat, which can be tiresome and requires extra care that she doesn't meet up with a ready suitor, but it's better for the dog.

"Health Risks of Early Spay/Neuter" | Dogs Naturally

Oh boy  ;D

I guess I'll have to add doggy panties to the shopping list in a few months.
I'm not a slave to greed

Randy

• Learned everything from cartoons.
    • My Comic Books
« Reply #4502 on: November 29, 2020, 01:20:40 AM »

Her name is Joy.

One note to keep in mind: If she hasn't been spayed your vet may recommend spaying soon. That is not advisable, for the health of the dog. It's better to wait until after she's at least a year old. That means dealing with her first heat, which can be tiresome and requires extra care that she doesn't meet up with a ready suitor, but it's better for the dog.

Oh boy  ;D

Do they make such a thing?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

• Curmudgeon
« Reply #4503 on: November 29, 2020, 02:10:37 AM »
You bet! One of my parent's friends had a toy poodle that weighed maybe 5 pounds. They never had her fixed, and whenever she came into heat, they had these diapers for her. Our Maltese "Daisy", when she got up to 18 YO had to wear diapers at night due to incontinence. Baby diapers with a tail hole, essentially. :lol: I would have put her down earlier, much as I loved that little girl. She was done long before my wife could let go. I thought about euthanizing her myself, given the suffering that I perceived that she was suffering. But if I had botched it, I'd be pretty damned mad at myself.

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
« Reply #4504 on: November 29, 2020, 10:25:50 AM »

Her name is Joy.

Oh boy  ;D

Do they make such a thing?

It's not too expensive, at least. :chin:
I'm not a slave to greed

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
« Reply #4505 on: November 29, 2020, 10:30:49 AM »
You bet! One of my parent's friends had a toy poodle that weighed maybe 5 pounds. They never had her fixed, and whenever she came into heat, they had these diapers for her. Our Maltese "Daisy", when she got up to 18 YO had to wear diapers at night due to incontinence. Baby diapers with a tail hole, essentially. :lol: I would have put her down earlier, much as I loved that little girl. She was done long before my wife could let go. I thought about euthanizing her myself, given the suffering that I perceived that she was suffering. But if I had botched it, I'd be pretty damned mad at myself.

It's a tough decision.  :( With my last dog, a 13 yo German Shepherd, we waited too long until finally deciding to euthanise her. She had become paralysed and these huge bed sores opened up on her legs, despite us always picking her up, moving her and changing her position. She suffered a lot before we finally made the merciful decision to end it. If I could go back and change things I would have definitely not have let her suffer that much. Lessons learned for the dog I have now and those to come.
I'm not a slave to greed