News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

90 minutes in heaven??????

Started by sleeper, January 09, 2008, 03:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Quote from: "kimmance"But, I'd rather read Willravel's mushroom memoirs than this person's heavenly encounter--probably more entertaining. (I only tried shrooms once, it took too long to come back down and I've been chicken ever since. There was a clarifying moment though when I thought I saw a lamp come on and had a mind-blowing epiphany after a few minutes of staring that, indeed, the light had turned on.)
Dunno how I missed this. Ask and you shall receive!

I started experimenting with conscious-altering substances when I was around 13. On a particularly warm day, I was sold 1 cap of a psychedelic mushroom from a friend of mine who grew organic illegal substances (cannabis and such). He mentioned that I should be home without my parents and probably with someone else who had taken mushrooms before, who could keep an eye on me. I was good advice.

I asked over a friend, and she was more than happy to oblige because of I had a decent computer with games. Duke Nukem 3D was really popular at the time. Anyway, I learned an incredibly valuable lesson this particular day: psychedelic compounds and fast and bloody video games can be a somewhat disconcerting combination. At first, it was just an odd feeling; difficult to describe. It was different. Then things became quite a bit more different. Colorful, at first. Like watching the Speed Racer movie. Then things changed shapes a bit. I was in a room near our baby grand piano, which proceeded to melt right in front of me. I would assume that you're average person, upon seeing a piano melt, would simply stare. My reaction was more severe. I ran at the piano and tried to catch the drips and put them back in place, only to have them go through my hands. I loved and still love this piano very much, and was having a bit of an anxiety attack at it's apparent destruction. Fortunately, my friend was able to calm me down again.

It had been about 10 minutes when I had my second "freak-out", which was a result of trying to play Duke Nukem on shrooms. First off, let me just tell you that playing Duke Nukem while on psychedelic mushrooms puts even modern games to shame. I've played Doom 3 and the recent Halo games, but this was like entering the computer. Unfortunately, the wonder didn't last. As you may or may not know, Duke Nukem relies on startling one with sudden attacks from foes. This didn't go over well. It took only one alien to put me in the corner, wide eyed and paranoid.

It was the first and last time I ate mushrooms.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Whitney

Quote from: "kels"hi im new in this board so laetusatheos (sorry if i spelled your sn wrong)

QuoteA long time ago (back when I was still a Christian)
you said you used to be a christian, what made you an atheist ?

I'll post my answer in your intro thread.

ozdloads

You had better read Bill Weise.
Quote23 Minutes in Hell by  Bill Weise
Bill Wiese saw the searing flames of hell, felt total isolation, and experienced the putrid and rotting stench, deafening screams of agony, terrorizing demons, and finally, the strong hand of God lifting him out of the pit.
 "Tell them I am coming very, very soon!"
Wiese’s visit to the devil’s lair lasted just twenty-three minutes, but he returned with vivid details etched in his memory. Since this life-changing ordeal, he has spent the last seven years studying the Scriptures to find answers and has listed more than 150 Bible verses referencing hell.

Everyone is curious about the afterlife, and now Wiese shares his insights to commonly asked questions such as:
* Is hell a literal burning place?
* Where is hell?
* Do you have a body in hell?
* Are there Degrees of punishment in hell?
* Are there children in hell?
* Can Demons torment people in hell?
* Can "good" people go to hell?
"Even if you don’t believe my story, I hope you will believe the Scriptures and avoid hell just the same."