News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Funerals and Family

Started by rickrocks, May 21, 2012, 06:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pytheas

Quote from: Asmodean on May 26, 2012, 02:51:02 PM
Cryogenics still interesting - may allow the future scientists to rummage around the mostly intact innards of their ancient ancestors  :D

certainly clone! imagine clone disney cartoons in 2790!

pity we didnt have the gear for some people in the past
"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE

cncracer

I have asked for my ashes to be divided, and my insurance be used to take them to all the places I have not yet been able to visit. Just sprinkling a few out at each location. My wife has asked I spread her ashes in Washington DC among the cherry trees, and around the Library of Congress. If She goes first I will save some to mix with mine so we will still be together too.
I don't see a need to anything more than a gathering of friends at my death, and I hope some good laughs. 

Tank

Quote from: cncracer on June 25, 2012, 07:58:24 PM
I have asked for my ashes to be divided, and my insurance be used to take them to all the places I have not yet been able to visit. Just sprinkling a few out at each location. My wife has asked I spread her ashes in Washington DC among the cherry trees, and around the Library of Congress. If She goes first I will save some to mix with mine so we will still be together too.
I don't see a need to anything more than a gathering of friends at my death, and I hope some good laughs
Then you'd best die in a comical fashion  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

cncracer

Quote from: Tank on June 25, 2012, 08:03:43 PM
Quote from: cncracer on June 25, 2012, 07:58:24 PM
I don't see a need to anything more than a gathering of friends at my death, and I hope some good laughs
Then you'd best die in a comical fashion  :D

Tank, I hope to die that way. It would be a bummer to die without a smile on my face, and I suspect some of the Religious right will smile when I am gone too. Lets make it a party time all around LOL..

hismikeness

Quote from: Firebird on May 22, 2012, 07:43:14 AM
You mean like Gene Roddenberry's ashes getting shot into space? I think that's still planned at some point, along with his wife.

Not exactly. I was referring to this type of sky burial.

The universe has eaten our dead bodies for eons, no reason to change that now.

No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite