News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Ali gets to 1,000 posts.

Started by Tank, February 22, 2012, 08:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

En_Route

Quote from: Truthseeker on February 25, 2012, 12:00:52 AM
Hats off to you Ali.  I have been a member for less than twelve hours and have already had a glimpse of your endearing heart. 

She does appear to be the only person on the internet who wouldn't prompt you to run in the opposite direction if you met them in real life.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: En_Route on February 25, 2012, 12:00:29 PM
Quote from: Truthseeker on February 25, 2012, 12:00:52 AM
Hats off to you Ali.  I have been a member for less than twelve hours and have already had a glimpse of your endearing heart.  

She does appear to be the only person on the internet who wouldn't prompt you to run in the opposite direction if you met them in real life.

Yes but that could well be part of her insidious plan.
I could be nice too, I've seen it pretended to be done before, I know how.
If anyone does arrange a meeting with Ali, for god's sake let us insert a tracking device first, it won't protect you but if we find a few more in shallow graves we may well add a warning to the rules in the intro threads.

En_Route

Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Truthseeker

Just what are the ingredients of "The Magic Pudding"?
Suffering is the breaking of the shell that encloses one's understanding.  Khalil Gibran

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Truthseeker on February 25, 2012, 02:17:46 PM

I can't tell you what the ingredients are, they're magical.
But don't despair the pudding is the pudding you desire.
Eat all you will, eat till you spill.

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on February 25, 2012, 02:25:52 PM

Oh yes, but I'm the one lying in wait to slaughter innocents.  Don't do it Truthseeker!  Don't eat the Pudding; it's a trap!!!!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ali on February 25, 2012, 02:38:40 PM
Oh yes, but I'm the one lying in wait to slaughter innocents.

Do you mind if I add that quote to my sig?

Truthseeker

Oh yes, but I'm the one lying in wait to slaughter innocents.  Don't do it Truthseeker!  Don't eat the Pudding; it's a trap!!!!

Don't worry Ali, I fell for it one other time in my life when I was told of the magical ingredients of the blood of Jesus.  I am going into this scenario with my eyes open this time.
Suffering is the breaking of the shell that encloses one's understanding.  Khalil Gibran

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on February 25, 2012, 02:43:13 PM
Oh yes, but I'm the one lying in wait to slaughter innocents.

Do you mind if I add that quote to my sig?

Please do. 

Amicale

Quote from: Truthseeker on February 25, 2012, 02:46:07 PM

Don't worry Ali, I fell for it one other time in my life when I was told of the magical ingredients of the blood of Jesus.  I am going into this scenario with my eyes open this time.

Yep. I was told and taught that the bread and wine were literally the body and blood of Jesus... and that Jesus WANTED me to consume him. Not just consume him, but chew his body. And anyone who 'abused' the body of Christ would be in immediate mortal sin. Let's just say I may, or may not have, spit it out when it tasted rancid. In front of everyone.... during a packed Sunday mass...

Eating the Pudding doesn't scare me. It couldn't be worse. Just sayin'.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

It's what I always say.
Catholisism is a cannibalistic cult.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

The Magic Pudding

slipped

Firebird

Quote from: Amicale on February 25, 2012, 03:52:35 PM
Yep. I was told and taught that the bread and wine were literally the body and blood of Jesus... and that Jesus WANTED me to consume him. Not just consume him, but chew his body. And anyone who 'abused' the body of Christ would be in immediate mortal sin. Let's just say I may, or may not have, spit it out when it tasted rancid. In front of everyone.... during a packed Sunday mass...

Ha! Curious what happened after you did that :)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Amicale

Quote from: Firebird on February 25, 2012, 06:21:35 PM
Quote from: Amicale on February 25, 2012, 03:52:35 PM

Ha! Curious what happened after you did that :)

That was the final straw that broke their backs and it was unforgivable apparently, I'd asked tons of questions while on the youth team, a lot of them of a skeptical nature... got into a friendly, respectful disagreement or 4 or 7 or so with the priest... once the 'Host' got spit out though, the youth leader saw. The priest saw. And after mass, my grandparents and I were told that it would be best if I dropped the youth team and dropped attending the parish youth events, since I was a 'bad influence' on the other kids. I replied that I hadn't MEANT to be, and the priest said he knew and understood, and said I was apparently friendly and sweet so it was a shame... but...  REALLY it would be for the best for me to not spend time at the church with my peers, as apparently a lot of the other kids started asking questions when they saw I was asking them too. Seeing me spit the host out was just the thing that caused the youth director to go batty, apparently. She thought I'd meant it as an offense, and nothing would convince her otherwise. There you have it. 10 or 11 years old, and there I was, already causing friendly chaos and mayhem!

Which is why I'm thrilled Ali made it to 1,000 posts.  ;D I predict I'll catch up with her by this time in April.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan