Main Menu

American Atheists Stadium?

Started by Jolly Sapper, February 01, 2010, 09:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Sapper

Stolen without permission from:

"Friendly Atheist"
http://friendlyatheist.com/2010/02/01/american-atheists-stadium/

Quote from: "Snip"American Atheists wants to buy the naming rights to the stadium in which the Super Bowl will be played.

The day after. Just for an hour. For $20,000.

Wow, this is nifty.  This is right up there with Mr. Vietnamvet's activities.  :headbang:

SSY

Kinda cool, but possibly better uses for the money?

I sometimes fell hypocritical being preachy like that, I waste money on the most mundane things after all. I feel differently when it comes to atheists presenting themselves to the world, I feel compelled to try and disprove all the stereotypes of atheists as uncaring, acutely so when it is done in the name of atheism. Churches try and rain shit on use from their high horses, I feel the best way to rob them of that opportunity is by being upstanding in our conduct (This also has the benefit of helping real live people as well, not just about protecting my fragile and delicate sense of self worth  ;) ). I would draw a line between this, and say, the Florida atheists, as their billboard ad was about reaching out, letting people know they are not alone, where as this, imho, sails pretty close to the wind in terms of being self aggrandising.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

G-Roll

the title of this thread gave me wood.
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)

Ellainix

Quote from: "G-Roll"the title of this thread gave me wood.
Let's build a tree house?
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

G-Roll

Quote from: "Ellainix"
Quote from: "G-Roll"the title of this thread gave me wood.
Let's build a tree house?
HA!!! perhaps a shrub house would be more accurate???  :hide:
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)