News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Is Christianity really Monotheistic?

Started by LoneMateria, September 10, 2009, 01:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneMateria

Quote from: "iNow"
Quote from: "LoneMateria"We probably are stalemated here since I consider the point of stalemate when we've regressed the conversation as far back as possible but no one has changed their view.
You never know what kind of impact you are having on those who are sitting on the sidelines and viewing the thread as spectators.  You may not be able to change the mind of your opponent, but that does not mean you are not changing minds.  
:write:

Well to any of you spectators feel free to ask questions or if you want a point clarified just ask.  I'll do my best to answer and clarify anything I've said.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Munchkin Goddess

I think of Mr.  Manhattan in Watchmen when I think of the trinity. If you watched it, he is having sex with his girlfriend and splits to two people while having sex to add in extra fun and, at the same time, he has another one of himself to work. So I think it can be monotheistic; however, Christians talk about Jesus so much and Jesus is the way to God (God is supposedly the way to God?) and Jesus is the son who is the way to his father, etc., that the way they put it, it seems like Jesus is a separate entity that is the path to a greater entity. So it can be, but they way they teach it, it isn't really monotheistic.

What I don't understand is why God made these rules that he knew his creation would break and has to sacrifice himself to himself (and don't forget all the suffering he endure on Earth and going to hell for three days) to forgive his creations for breaking the rules he created?

Ultima22689

Quote from: "Munchkin Goddess"I think of Mr.  Manhattan in Watchmen when I think of the trinity. If you watched it, he is having sex with his girlfriend and splits to two people while having sex to add in extra fun and, at the same time, he has another one of himself to work. So I think it can be monotheistic; however, Christians talk about Jesus so much and Jesus is the way to God (God is supposedly the way to God?) and Jesus is the son who is the way to his father, etc., that the way they put it, it seems like Jesus is a separate entity that is the path to a greater entity. So it can be, but they way they teach it, it isn't really monotheistic.

What I don't understand is why God made these rules that he knew his creation would break and has to sacrifice himself to himself (and don't forget all the suffering he endure on Earth and going to hell for three days) to forgive his creations for breaking the rules he created?

A massive fallacy on the writers' part?

Reginus

Quote from: "Munchkin Goddess"What I don't understand is why God made these rules

Romans 13:10:
Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Galatians 5:14:
The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself".

Quote from: "Munchkin Goddess"...that he knew his creation would break

With free will comes the obvious option of disobeying.

Quote from: "Munchkin Goddess"...and has to sacrifice himself to himself (and don't forget all the suffering he endure on Earth and going to hell for three days) to forgive his creations for breaking the rules he created?

If you think of it as a punishment someone gets from committing a crime, then it doesn't make any sense. However, if you think of sin as a debt that has to be repayed, it makes a lot more sense.
"The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

brekfustuvluzerz

regardless of whether or not the bible refers to polytheism when it uses the word "god," there is definitely a devil in the bible, and no matter how you slice it, that's another god. not only that, but if you believe in this shit, then this devil is giving God a run for his money (that is until God throws a temper tantrum when he looses at the game he invented and finally flexes his muscle. kinda seems like the devil is a better strategist, but God wins in the end because he's stronger).
"(insert favorite carl sagan quote here)" - Carl Sagan