News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Gadgets

Started by Dave, August 07, 2016, 08:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I love gadgets and the ingenuity that creates them!

I also love TED.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

Very cool video, Gloucester! Thank you for posting it. Like many people, I've been following the development and culture around drones, and that video certainly shows some of the intriguing possibilities they present.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Nice - some new ones for me.

Particularly liked the swarming behavior. Simultaneously awe inspiring and frightening (depending on the use)

Dave

Quote from: joeactor on August 08, 2016, 08:43:58 PM

Particularly liked the swarming behavior. Simultaneously awe inspiring and frightening (depending on the use)
Yeah, potentially quite frighrening, there is always going to be this sort of thing . . .

Too easy to put together in some countries. Combine it with pre-programmed or autonomous heat/motion seeking. The tech is mostly easily available, automatic guns just a little more difficult.

Recusant

Quote from: Gloucester on August 08, 2016, 09:00:16 PM

Yeah, potentially quite frighrening, there is always going to be this sort of thing . . .

Too easy to put together in some countries. Combine it with pre-programmed or autonomous heat/motion seeking. The tech is mostly easily available, automatic guns just a little more difficult.

I don't think something like in the video is completely unrealistic, but the video itself is phony.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on August 08, 2016, 10:26:24 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on August 08, 2016, 09:00:16 PM

I don't think something like in the video is completely unrealistic, but the video itself is phony.

Hope they are right!

But, once the idea is out there...

There is another video showing a quadcopter carrying and firing a pistol. There is recoil there, probably equiv to a 6mm gun. No talk, just the image of the gun firing.

More effective to just carry a lump of Semtex and some ball besrings if you are just after slaughter though.

Almost every technology has two edges, plough and sword.

Tom62

I'd like to have one with lasers.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

I'd like to have one that will fetch my slippers for me. :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey