I wrote an essay about how "god", instead of giving you comfort, reassurance and encouragement, will overwhelm you with its creepy presence.
https://seylee.medium.com/let-me-tell-you-about-the-true-nature-of-god-24a91997a2a7?postPublishedType=repub
Just can't let go, eh? The mythology provides you with an imaginary scapegoat for unpleasant aspects of your life. As much a crutch for you as it is for the Bible-thumpers.
:thumbsup:
Mind you, as a character in mythology YHVH is an unabashed psychotic. His supposed incarnation (multiple personality disorder?) is a neurotic at best. The historic person (assuming he existed) was heavily delusional while also hypnotically charismatic. The Islamic version is not an improvement. Worshipping these dysfunctional personalities seems like mass Stockholm syndrome.
I like to commit the unforgiveable sin every once in a while so: By the way, the "Holy Ghost" should sit on a cactus and spin.
No doubt all of the above has been said before (by myself and others) but I want to let iriss know that there is some agreement here. :smilenod: