News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: So, what are you watching?

Started by JillSwift, May 25, 2010, 07:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: rickrocks on October 27, 2012, 11:19:41 PM
To totally wrench the discussion in a new direction, tonight my lovely bride of almost 31 years and I will be watching game 3 of the World Series.  Go Giants!

Congratulations!

Also, what's currently gracing my television:

-Curio

Sweetdeath

I can't believe the guy who plays Sheldon is like 40 years old.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

TheWalkingContradiction

Quote from: Sweetdeath on October 27, 2012, 08:54:14 PM
LOL @ that Archie cover. What the crap, so bad XP

I knew I had Archie staring at a Mila look-alike's butt.  I just had to look for it.

What is this XP you keep writing?  I am afraid I don't understand.

Quote from: Sweetdeath on October 27, 2012, 08:54:14 PM
Oh man...
Jensen's butt. DO WANT
DO FUCKING WANT.

Get in line!   ;D

Essie Mae

Just watched an episode of 'The Virginian' on Ozzie TV, because I used to absolutely love it in the eighties, but what a disappointment - poor acting and not v good production values.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on February 03, 2014, 02:03:50 PM
Just watched an episode of 'The Virginian' on Ozzie TV, because I used to absolutely love it in the eighties, but what a disappointment - poor acting and not v good production values.
I used to love that and I had a huge crush on the wife in The High Chaperral.

Quote Linda Cristal, real name Marta Victoria Moya Burges, was born February 25, 1934 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.  She had gone into semi-retirement to raise her two sons, when John Wayne coaxed her out to do the part of Flaca in his epic The Alamo in 1960.  After that, she took assignments only as the whim struck. 

Linda was the last main cast member to be added to The High Chaparral, and she got the part through sheer determination and perseverance.  David Dortort had been auditioning actresses for three weeks, seeking just the right person with stunning good looks and a fiery personality, who could breathe life into the aristocratic Victoria Montoya, and he had just about given up hope of ever finding the right person.  When Linda finally heard about the part, her agent thought the role had already been cast, but she urged him to check, and history was made.  She is alive and well, living in California, and enjoying retirement.

From here http://www.thehighchaparral.com/cast.htm
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Finally watched The Grand Budapest Hotel. I have no idea why I waited on watching that film it is fantastic.
Retired member.

Tank

Quote from: Crow on December 15, 2014, 06:38:19 AM
Finally watched The Grand Budapest Hotel. I have no idea why I waited on watching that film it is fantastic.
I shall add that to my watch list.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.