News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

it doesn't even look like Matt Damon!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Killing Eve

In 1361 there was a second pestilence within England, which was called the mortality of children.

What?

It's your 1361st post, I thought I'd add something topical.

Oh right, that's good.  Shows initiative, Green never showed much of that.  Keep it up Maroon.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Icarus

Last night we watched a Netflix movie called Mr. Church.  Not exactly a chick flick but nearly.  Eddie Murphy was the chef who had befriended and become an important human element  for a single single mom, but never in a romantic way. He was a serious actor, not the comedian that is his usual gig. I rather liked the whole story line.  Murphy was very good in that role.  The name, Mr Church,  was in no way attached to religion of any sort.

Anyone else viewed that flick ?

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on April 26, 2019, 03:17:48 AM
Last night we watched a Netflix movie called Mr. Church.  Not exactly a chick flick but nearly.  Eddie Murphy was the chef who had befriended and become an important human element  for a single single mom, but never in a romantic way. He was a serious actor, not the comedian that is his usual gig. I rather liked the whole story line.  Murphy was very good in that role.  The name, Mr Church,  was in no way attached to religion of any sort.

Anyone else viewed that flick ?

Not yet. But I'll add it to my list.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Watched Avengers: Endgame last night. No spoilers but it was great. Also started rewatching Liliyhammer on Netflix.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

I was loaned Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. My god, it looks so awful I have to watch it.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Sandra Craft

Quote from: jumbojak on May 10, 2019, 04:34:25 AM
I was loaned Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. My god, it looks so awful I have to watch it.

Charles Dance and Lena Hedley are in it, and that's about all I have to say.

I'm watching Dragonwyck -- very gothy but very much enjoying young Vincent Price.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

jumbojak

I started watchingThe Man in High Castle. I like it.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Essie Mae

MotherFatherSonRichard Gere plays a truly horrrible man.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tom62

Kick-Ass 1 and 2, great action flicks with lots of blood
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

I just finished watching the Office. And started watching Game of Thrones again with my GF because she hadn't seen it and people keep telling her she needs to. I quit watching at the end of season 4 because it got so ridiculous I laughed out at several parts and could not keep going. This time I was reminded why I stopped watching it, but now we stopped where I last left off, and I think we will finish watching the series.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Abandoned Engineering. Surprisingly addictive and interesting.

xSilverPhinx

Nothing at the moment but I really want to binge-watch The Witcher on Netflix.  :sad sigh:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey