News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

HAF Virtual Meetup

Started by Whitney, February 18, 2012, 06:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

Sorry to hear that, Whitney :(
I can organize it if people don't mind Pming me their Skype info (I won't use it for nefarious purposes, I promise :D) I haven't used a group call with Skype before, but I'm sure I can figure it out.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

I'll be there tomorrow for a little bit. I'll pm you my Skype info later DJ.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Have we agreed on a certain time yet? :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

Any time after 12 central time works for me
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

How about 1 pm Eastern, which would be around Noonish central and... later for the over the seas folks.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

DeterminedJuliet

It looks like we can get a group video call if one of us buys a "one day" premium Skype membership. It's only 4.99, so I don't mind doing it (it's less than I'd probably spend on a coffee, if we were all actually meeting in person anyway). If that's something people are interested in :)

Asmodean

How about we use some sort of global standard, like UTC?  ??? Everyone knows where they are in relation to UTC, right? So that we do not have to convert to and from some local time standards, yes? Would be nice, no?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

It'd be 5:00 PM UTC
Here's a time zone converter, if that helps anyone.  :)

Ali

Thanks for doing this DJ.  If we decide to do more, I can fund one of the next ones!

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on June 02, 2012, 10:24:05 PM
Thanks for doing this DJ.  If we decide to do more, I can fund one of the next ones!

Yeah, I'd be willing to chip in for a virtual meetup.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on June 02, 2012, 10:24:05 PM

No worries! It'll be fun! 
Another FYI. For the group video to work, each person participating needs to have Skype 5.0 or higher. So, if you haven't upgraded Skype in a while, you may want to do that. It's free, but it could be another one of those pain-in-the-butt technical hick-ups if it isn't done beforehand. :)

Buddy

Okay, this is going to sound really stupid, but what do I give you when I PM my Skype info? Do I send you my username or my number?

Tank

Can now see Ali and DJ on my profile  ;D

V5.8 so Ok on that front.

So DJ do we all have to buy the temp upgrade or just the 'host'?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Everyone needs version 5.0 of Skype or higher, but only one person needs to buy the premium membership for group chat to work for everyone.
Budhorse, your skype name is probably your best bet, since there should only be one user (you) with that name. :)