Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 18, 2021, 07:03:46 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 17, 2021, 02:20:56 PM
Been out litter pick in the local area. An 'action' shot!

So did you get into some kind of trouble Tank, and the judge sentenced you to community service, or did you volunteer for this?

(I believe you volunteered of course, cuz' your a good man, and care about the planet, but Mags is saying you probably got into trouble :P)

I volunteer for this. It was an odd coincidence that I got a new iPhone in April when I also started noticing the purple 'Litter Free Leeds' rubbish bags popping up around my area. The new iPhone had a step counter. This combination worked as I'm now fitter than I have been in the last 15 years 'ish. I always had a desk job and this really is about as different as it could be. My legs, arms and shoulders have bulked up and my belly reduced. So it's all good.

I'm a member of the 'Austhorpe Wombles' on Facebook.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Sometimes you get unexpected rewards.

On Sunday

Today
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

san miguel is a good beer, but ill never get used to seeing it in anything but those brown stubby bottles it used tocome in

https://images.app.goo.gl/HhxV4Z6KyNTmNFzN7

cant make an image app3ar

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

So did you get into some kind of trouble Tank, and the judge sentenced you to community service, or did you volunteer for this?

(I believe you volunteered of course, cuz' your a good man, and care about the planet, but Mags is saying you probably got into trouble :P)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on October 19, 2021, 02:45:09 AM

I know you didn't  :hug:

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on October 18, 2021, 08:23:15 PM
Sometimes you get unexpected rewards.

On Sunday

Today

I would keep the wrench, but I don't think I could drink or eat anything I found on the side of the rode even if the bottle appears to be intact and not tampered with...too many crazies out there!

(The partial germaphobe that I am is cringing even at the thought of it)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

A good wash and very close examination of the seals. Plus a good fizz when it's opened and I'm ok.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 20, 2021, 12:22:54 AM
I would keep the wrench, but I don't think I could drink or eat anything I found on the side of the rode even if the bottle appears to be intact and not tampered with...too many crazies out there!

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on October 20, 2021, 11:14:48 AM
A good wash and very close examination of the seals. Plus a good fizz when it's opened and I'm ok.

You're a better man than me, I couldn't do it...once years ago, back when I still drank I was at my local pub, and the bartender who I knew quite well brought me over a beer. She said she just poured it for a guy, but he suddenly had to leave, and do I want it free of charge, not to mention it was my favorite on tap. I told her no thank you, but she was insisting I take it, and she even assured me that the bloke hadn't drank out if it, but I still didn't want it.
She realized I was a bit of a germaphobe, which she found amusing, and told me if I drank it, she would give me another one on the house as well, and I still refused.

After that whenever I came in she would fuck around with my head, once she brought me over a glass with lipstick, and grime all over it, filled with beer,...just to watch my reaction. :puke:

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 20, 2021, 01:40:52 PM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 20, 2021, 12:22:54 AM

That's fitting!! 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

billy rubin

i recall a newspaper article in the telegraph? that reported that 20 percent of the clean glassware in london pubs contained measurable traces of human feces

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

Of course.  That is why the beer is warm.

Bad Penny II

The measuring of measurable traces has surely come along since 71, as I'm sure the measurable traces have.
Is there now anywhere on earth a surface that doesn't have measurable traces of human faeces?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

There sure is a lot of in the USA political scene - greater than 90%.

Tank

Out litter picking again with 3 other Wombles. 11 bags of rubbish plus some tyres, large plastic containers and a pallet. St Crispacket, the patron saint of litter pickers blessed me with 4 bottles of beer :)

Ecurb Noselrub