News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on August 17, 2021, 12:19:46 AM
I had previously believed that Hermes is a man of rather elegant tastes. Greta Van Fleet has caught his attention?  I presume that is because all that cacaphonous noise gives him a headache, accompanied by nausea.

Well Icarus, I am an onion—I have many layers! I saw this as a tribute to Robert.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Icarus on August 17, 2021, 12:19:46 AM
I had previously believed that Hermes is a man of rather elegant tastes. Greta Van Fleet has caught his attention?  I presume that is because all that cacaphonous noise gives him a headache, accompanied by nausea.

Sounds like dancing music, vertical, horizontal, angles in-between.

Don't forget this one

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

I for one, am not offended, but I'm sure Icarus is! They are also easy on the eye, apart from anything else, like Greta Van Fleet.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

your musical tastes continue to puzzle me

but then i don't understand music in general.

i really don't know what to make ofmusic, but i know what i like

sometimes, anyway. i like these people,but i get the impression that they are a time machine.

billy rubin

hermes2015

Billy. even my close family and friends are sometimes bemused by my likes and dislikes in fashion, music, art, or design. As you say, it is a very personal thing, and you and I probably don't often look over our shoulders, worrying what other people may think or say about what we do. I think there is only interesting music or dull, forgettable music. I was driving recently with Erasure playing on my car's system, with me, a 75-year old, singing along at the top of his voice. It is Schubert, usually.

Btw, I think the The Cult are in the former category!
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

how do uou sing along to schubert?

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on August 18, 2021, 02:43:39 PM
how do uou sing along to schubert?

Well he was a genius at setting poetry to music, often piano accompaniment. He wrote many song cycles that contain tuneful lieder that become embedded in one's mind and easy to sing along to. One of my favourites is D. 965, Der Hirt auf dem Felsen. Try it: it will sweep you off your feet!

― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Two more Schubert lieder:

D. 257

and

D. 957
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i dont think i have the voice for that

hermes2015

This is food for thought, apropos some of the recent topics discussed here.

― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

I love this song, "It's Only, by the the group Odesza, I've included both studio and live performance of the same song.

Vocalist on this track is Zyra (Alexandra Cheatle)

Just fantastic, and beautiful lyrics as well.

LYRICS
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Anne D.

Anne D.

I wanna be the one to walk in the sun.

Thinking about this song tonight and thinking about all the Afghani women whose lives are royally fucked. I take so much for granted as a woman in the West. Woman is truly the N-word of the world.