News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Social media censorship or responsibility?

Started by Tank, January 09, 2021, 10:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Seer

Quote from: Recusant on January 15, 2021, 03:46:24 AM
Quote from: Old Seer on January 14, 2021, 03:47:21 PM. . . There's an internet company in the US northwest that the people demanded they shut down access to twitter and facebook.

Please cite a source for that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IFOwm_O5w0
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Recusant

Thank you. Yes, some yapping twerp on YouTube is a source. Everybody has their own standards.

"ISP in Idaho Planned to Block Facebook and Twitter to Punish 'Censorship'" | Gizmodo/MSN

QuoteResponding to the public backlash over Twitter and Facebook's decision to boot President Trump from their platforms, an internet service provider in rural Idaho told customers that it would block the popular social media networks by default. But that decision sparked a separate mini-backlash, and the company is now reportedly only blocking the sites for customers by request.

[Continues . . .]

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on January 15, 2021, 07:40:31 AM
Thank you. Yes, some yapping twerp on YouTube is a source. Everybody has their own standards.

"ISP in Idaho Planned to Block Facebook and Twitter to Punish 'Censorship'" | Gizmodo/MSN

QuoteResponding to the public backlash over Twitter and Facebook's decision to boot President Trump from their platforms, an internet service provider in rural Idaho told customers that it would block the popular social media networks by default. But that decision sparked a separate mini-backlash, and the company is now reportedly only blocking the sites for customers by request.

[Continues . . .]

Royal level sarcasm. 10/10  :rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Quote from: Old Seer on January 14, 2021, 03:52:25 PM
Quote from: Davin on January 14, 2021, 03:08:34 PM
Quote from: Old Seer on January 14, 2021, 01:07:52 AM
I think Big tech is in trouble. Since Trump was censored world political leaders are critical of big tech platforms. It don't look good for them. (Both- tech and countries. Teck because of their social powers. Countries can now see what the techs can do) I'm not going to post examples because there's so much going on this internet-wise so it won't be to much trouble to have a look for the self. Tech may have walked it's way into government regs. It looks like they did in India.
There are tens of thousands of people that were banned for far less than what Trump had been doing. Trump was allowed to break the rules for so long because of his position. The higher up the food chain you are, it takes more grievous rule violations to be held accountable. That is not censorship and it certainly is not a violation of free speech. Trump can still call a press conference at any time, even at 3am, and the press will be there and will report what he says.

Or do you think it's OK for Trump to break the rules without any consequences?
I'm Apolitical. I'm not concerned about Trump's relationship with Twitter. I've previously posted my position on constitutional private rights. I'm not attacking anyone.  :)
What I said wasn't political either. I asked a simple question: do you think it's OK for Trump to break the rules without any consequences? Because it appears that you want to Trump be able to break the rules and face no consequences for it. Because Trump's been breaking the rules for four years and is only now facing being banned for it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

So I heard a lot of Republicans on Fox News telling the public about how censored they are and their freedom of speech is being violated. If only there were some way for them to get their message out to the public...
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

billy rubin

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 15, 2021, 03:16:15 AM
Quote from: No one on January 14, 2021, 11:22:25 PM
King turdling should be forced to wear anti-itch mittens and a ball gag!

Have I ever mentioned how much I fucking hate that moronic, hateful, malicious pig?

Pff. I'm of a mind that he should get hit in the ass by a red-hot fire hydrant that had just entered the atmosphere at Mach 3.

how do you get a fire hydrant into spece?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Old Seer

Quote from: Davin on January 15, 2021, 01:55:51 PM
Quote from: Old Seer on January 14, 2021, 03:52:25 PM
Quote from: Davin on January 14, 2021, 03:08:34 PM
Quote from: Old Seer on January 14, 2021, 01:07:52 AM
I think Big tech is in trouble. Since Trump was censored world political leaders are critical of big tech platforms. It don't look good for them. (Both- tech and countries. Teck because of their social powers. Countries can now see what the techs can do) I'm not going to post examples because there's so much going on this internet-wise so it won't be to much trouble to have a look for the self. Tech may have walked it's way into government regs. It looks like they did in India.
There are tens of thousands of people that were banned for far less than what Trump had been doing. Trump was allowed to break the rules for so long because of his position. The higher up the food chain you are, it takes more grievous rule violations to be held accountable. That is not censorship and it certainly is not a violation of free speech. Trump can still call a press conference at any time, even at 3am, and the press will be there and will report what he says.

Or do you think it's OK for Trump to break the rules without any consequences?
I'm Apolitical. I'm not concerned about Trump's relationship with Twitter. I've previously posted my position on constitutional private rights. I'm not attacking anyone.  :)
What I said wasn't political either. I asked a simple question: do you think it's OK for Trump to break the rules without any consequences? Because it appears that you want to Trump be able to break the rules and face no consequences for it. Because Trump's been breaking the rules for four years and is only now facing being banned for it.
No, it is not OK for Trump to break the rules. I don't follow him or any else, so I don't have any evidence nor am I looking for any that Trump broke the rules. I have no caring if he did or didn't. I'm merely posting subject matter in accordance with what the OP is dealing with. I don't have a problem with Trump, up or down. What others think or know about Trump I don't think or know. I don't know or care anything of Biden either. I was searching for archeological sites when I happened across an article. I didn't post it for me, I posted it for you here. I don't vote, so I'm not for Trump or Biden. It's very apparent that the censoring/banning of Trump brought financial consequences upon the companies that banned just as anyone could predict, I did. I understand universal law which states, there are consequences for everything one does, expressed in, "no good deed goes unpunished". There are consequences for good deeds and bad deeds.   Doing a good can bring about an evil and doing an evil can bring about a good. Money buys good as well as evil. That's what I understand the OP to be about-  the banning of Trump for the good or the bad. Can we be done with this now, I'd like to move on.  :) 
I'm not a Theist.

Old Seer

Quote from: Recusant on January 15, 2021, 07:40:31 AM

[Continues . . .]
Ok, One more thing. I apologize,  but is he relaying the truth of the matter, I found that he was, he showed the evidence. Yes/no. I'm sure there's more articles on the subject but this was the one I encountered.
I'm not a Theist.