News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Diana Rigg

Started by Tom62, September 10, 2020, 04:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Actress Dame Diana Rigg, famous for roles including Emma Peel in TV series The Avengers and Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones, has died at the age of 82.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Two nights ago she appeared in the new series of All Creatures Great and Small. :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

no!

not the most beautiful woman in the world!

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Olenna Tyrell was such a boss in Game of Thrones, Diana Rigg played the part perfectly. RIP. :(   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

I used to have the hots for her.  Maybe they will include that in the eulogy.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tank on September 10, 2020, 07:36:36 PM

Woah, she looks like my youngest sister in that pic! My youngest sister is 19 years younger than Diana Riggs' death age and has green eyes, but other than that, pretty much a dead ringer.

Randy

I remembered her name for some reason as the actress who played Emma Peel before I saw her picture.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Bluenose

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 10, 2020, 07:22:12 PM
Olenna Tyrell was such a boss in Game of Thrones, Diana Rigg played the part perfectly. RIP. :(

:this:

I also loved her Ema Peel back in the day...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Recusant

A woman of style and panache.  :cheers:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

A tribute to Emma Peel

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein