News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's Your One Thing?

Started by MadBomr101, May 02, 2020, 08:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

That really sucks big time Randy.  Hope you can get rid of that gnawing feeling buddy.

My ONE thing would be to go on an extended two or three year camping trip around Australia.  Not possible with me requiring dialysis three times a week, and I have accepted that, but if only...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Randy

Ah yes, "if only." I understand where you are coming from. I've got a feeding machine, a nebulizer that I have to use three times per day, a humidifier that comes with a mask that I have to put over my trach, and so-on. I'd simply like to go to the beach again but I doubt that's going to happen without a nurse nearby.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on May 17, 2020, 04:12:23 PM
About two or three weeks ago I came across a picture of a cheeseburger with all sorts of trimmings. Oh the torture the gods (or lack thereof) must enjoy inflicting.

I get hungry a lot. If my nurse will ever show up (it's been over two weeks now) I'd like to mention this so that she can contact a nutritionist and maybe allow an increase in food intake. It will be more expensive since I'll have to pay for more of it every month but I think it is better than having this gnawing feeling in my stomach.
Feeling hungry is good, yes?
To tell you the truth I don't know much about cancer. I don't know anyone who has had to deal with it either.  :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

MadBomr101

Quote from: Magdalena on May 17, 2020, 07:32:22 PMFeeling hungry is good, yes?
To tell you the truth I don't know much about cancer. I don't know anyone who has had to deal with it either.  :(

It stinks. I watched it destroy my brother over a year and a half until there was nothing left and we were left with no choice but to pull the plug. It's merciless.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Randy

Quote from: Magdalena on May 17, 2020, 07:32:22 PM
Quote from: Randy on May 17, 2020, 04:12:23 PM
About two or three weeks ago I came across a picture of a cheeseburger with all sorts of trimmings. Oh the torture the gods (or lack thereof) must enjoy inflicting.

I get hungry a lot. If my nurse will ever show up (it's been over two weeks now) I'd like to mention this so that she can contact a nutritionist and maybe allow an increase in food intake. It will be more expensive since I'll have to pay for more of it every month but I think it is better than having this gnawing feeling in my stomach.

Feeling hungry is good, yes?

I think it affects people differently depending on the cancer. My dad's boss had some kind of esophagus cancer and he died never knowing he had it. My dad, on the other hand, had one caused by Agent Orange. He had cotton ball like tumors on the x-ray all over his torso. He suffered a great deal.

As for me, so far, I feel okay. No pain and no nausea although I get this weird feeling in my stomach at times that I don't know how to describe so I take the nausea medicine and it goes away.  :shrug:

Hunger, in my case, doesn't mean anything unfortunately. Cancer isn't like the flu in that your hunger comes back and that's a good sign. I wish it did. When it gets to the point I'm at there is no cure and no getting better. It's a dreadful disease.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Randy

Quote from: MadBomr101 on May 17, 2020, 10:55:46 PM

It stinks. I watched it destroy my brother over a year and a half until there was nothing left and we were left with no choice but to pull the plug. It's merciless.

Yes, it is. I hope I never end up that way but we'll see. I dread the pain I'll be in. Last year, at this time, I underwent an operation to remove my gallbladder. They couldn't intubate me and my vital signs were dropping. They had to do chest compressions to bring me back. Sometimes I wish I had the DNR ready at the time. I know somewhat of what I'm going to face but other little things such as the tracheostomy I had not counted on. I've had it since October of 2019.

Magdalena

Quote from: MadBomr101 on May 17, 2020, 10:55:46 PM

I'm sorry to hear this, MadBomr101:sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant